Adam and Eve

Adam and Eve

A Stage Play by Tim Thompson
"

Adam and Eve is a church play. Eve gets deceived by a serpent.

"

Adam And Eve

Written By

Tim Thompson

"Narrator"

(Set design of a garden)

In the beginning God created man. When he saw that man was good, God created woman.

The man’s name was Adam. The woman’s name was Eve. Both Adam and Eve lived in a beautiful garden made by God. Animals got along with each other and with the two humans. This is Adam and Eve's story about their life in the garden.

God;

(Sound system makes actors voices boom like thunder)

Man I have created you. Now I will create living beasts for the earth. You are to name every beast in the garden. Every foul in the air and every living creature on the ground and in the water.”

Adam;

(Set; in the garden with Adam talking to God)

Yes Lord I will do as you command. I will name every living creature in the air, on the ground, and in the water. But Lord I ask for a helper. For I am lonely.”

God,

(Booming voice)

When the time comes you shall have a helpmate. Why are you lonely? Do I not talk to you, walk with you and keep you company?”

Adam;

(Talking to God in the Garden)

Yes Lord you do all those things. But Lord I need somebody I can see and somebody who can help me around the garden.”

(Show set with animals running around. Adam naming all the animals

(Show set were God put Adam into a deep sleep to make a partner for him.)

Adam;

(Adam waking up and singing praises to God)

Thank you Lord! I will call my partner woman for she came from man.”

God;

(Through booming voice said)

You two may eat of every tree in the garden, of every fruit on the vine. But there is one tree you should never eat from. It is the tallest tree in this garden you will know the tree when you see it.”

Eve;

(Talking to God)

Lord why have you said that we could eat of every tree and every vine but that one? What will happen to us if we do eat off that tree?”

God;

(Answering Eve)

You will surely die if you eat of that tree. I have created enough food for you and your partner. You do not have to eat of that one tree.”

Eve in the garden picking fruit off of vines and trees. Eve by the forbidden tree noticing a serpent.

Serpent,

(Snake talking to Eve)

Why you not take food from this tree? Is it because you were told you would die?”

Eve;

(Talking to the serpent)

Yes I was told I would die if I eat of that tree.”

Serpent,

(Trying to deceive Eve)

You will not die. Eat of this tree, it will make you a God.”

Eve;

(Listening to the snake)

But if I do, I will die. The food does look good. But you say it will make me a God or as good as God?”

Serpent;

(Knowing that he had deceived Eve)

Try the food and give some to your partner. It will change everything.”

Eve trying the fruit thought it was the best one in the garden of Eden. She found Adam and gave him some too.

God;

(Looking for Adam)

Adam, Where are you?”

Adam and Eve were hiding from God when they noticed that they were indecent.

God;

(Still looking for Adam)

Adam where are you? Come out and show yourself.”

Adam;

(Answering God)

Lord I am not descent to talk to you.”

God;

(Talking to Adam)

Why do you say this Adam? Did you eat of the fruit on the tree that is forbidden?”

Adam;

(Talking to God)

I ate of a fruit that my partner gave me.”

God;

(Talking to Eve)

Eve where did you get that fruit?”

Eve;

(Answering God)

I got it from the serpent on the forbidden tree.”

God;

(Talking to the serpent)

Why did you do this? You are now cursed to claw the earth as a serpent for as long as you live.”

God;

(Talking to Adam and Eve)

Because you have done this which is forbidden. You may now leave this place and never see it again.”

Adam;

(Asking God for forgiveness)

Lord why must we leave? I did not know that was the forbidden fruit.”

God;

(Talking to Adam)

Was it not the best fruit in this garden? Do you not now know all the sins in this world right from Wong?”

Adam;

(Answering God)

I answer Yes Lord, to all the questions you have ask.”

God;

(Still talking to Adam)

Did you know that it was a sin to eat of that fruit?”

Eve;

(Now talking to God)

Lord if we leave this garden where should we go? Where do we live?”

God;

(Answering Eve )

You should go and find a place. But you can never come back to this garden again.”

Adam and Eve left the garden never to come back again.

Narrator,

Adam and Eve never went back to the garden again. God placed an Angel to guard it. The angel can never let anyone into the garden of Eden.

This little skit was created by Tim Thompson and dedicated to the Bible with its wonderful stories.

 

 

© 2012 Tim Thompson


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on November 19, 2012
Last Updated on November 19, 2012

Author

Tim Thompson
Tim Thompson

Colorado Springs, Comoros



About
I'm a student writer. Starting out in the field. I love to write and a lot of my stories are pretty good. more..

Writing