Rules of Engagement

Rules of Engagement

A Poem by Timberwolf32
"

DARK MATTER-DON'T READ IF SENSITIVE TO THAT

"
Rules of engagement goes as follows-

Lemme hold that thought for a couple seconds, if you don't mind. Now tell me, do I look crazy? I understand that my hair keeps falling out of place onto my forehead, and the bags under my eyes indicate fatigue. If you thought I was crazy then you'd assume I was up for hours watching the odd patterns on my ceiling form into rather coherent stories. Like the one about Johnny and an orange falling on his head. That was a good one, it kept me up for hours, alternating between sad and happy tears. Have you ever been told the difference between happy and sad? I mean, we all feel it, but has anyone ever sat down and had a serious conversation about emotions with you? Trying to put it into words is an extremely difficult task to do. The best way I can describe it is that physical sensation you get when the sun alternates between hiding behind clouds and embracing it's duty to warm the earth. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. I mean, when you haven't felt the actual sun in years, it becomes more of a myth than apart of nature. Speaking of feeling, I believe the sensation in my arms are coming back-it's so hard to tell when they were crossed for so long. Remember the stories I told you about? Well, I have to admit-between you and I-they've inspired me lately. I have picked up writing. I just wish I could express things the way that Shakespeare did, or even R.L. Stine. I'm not that picky. I figured writing is part innate, and the other half is putting time into the skill. Which is ironic, because all I've had is time. Haha, speaking of time, do you happen to have a watch? I unplugged everything in the house that had a clock. The only one that even remotely works is the grandfather clock in this corner over here. It stopped on 10:12, but hey, a broken clock is right two times a day. Hahahahaha. Look, let's have a serious talk now, I know I ramble. I know, trust me, I know, how vulnerable you must feel right now. Please, please, don't cry. Here, I'll wipe them away-there we go. If a total stranger came into my house in the middle of the night, and bound me up, I would be frightened to. I just need you to listen. I need to vent, honestly. I've been doing too much inward thinking, and not enought outward talking. That aslyum, nononononono-that F*****G PRISON- had me locked up for years. They said I was crazy, said I murdered people. I DON'T hurt people. Look, they forcefeed you all this BS, and give these little pills. "Twice a day keeps the voices away" they say. Yeah, you're a potato. I didn't realize how bad it gotten til I stopped taking them. Then I was able to find a way out of that hell hole. Easy once you know the very-VERY-conforming schedule they have. Now here I am. I happened to walk upon a house with the back door unlocked. By the way, that spaghetti you made, FANTASTIC. I have no idea how you got the noodles to melt in my mouth and mix with the creamy tomato sauce. Just wow. Where was I? Oh, yes. You leave the back door unlocked, you live alone, in the middle of nowhere. A couple miles, or so, away from an active psychiatric facility. Quite frankly, I think you deserve this. Wow. I feel a lot better. I won't bore you about the details of my stay at the good ol' penitentiary. It was the same thing for 10 years. THEY STOLE 10 YEARS OF MY LIFE-I COULD BE MARRIED WITH A FAMILY. Alright, alright, calm, calm. Breathing techniques. Countdown from ten. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. Deeeeeep breath out. Aaaaand, we're good. Oh, you're running low on Pepsi, by the way. So, that''s the end of my story, and I feel a lot better. I have to thank you for this. I can't repay you, in any way shape or form. But, uh, I have to do one more thing, if you don't mind. Well, it won't matter if you don't mind or not. We can do this the easy way, or the painful way. I prefer the option with less blood. I'm a little squemish. Hey, hey, stop freaking out. RULES OF ENGAGEMENT GOES AS FOLLOWS- You scream, run, or fight, and I will make your end as painful as possible. I will find your family, your friends, your co-workers, and I will kill them all the same way. Nod if you understand. Good. Now, I'm going to remove the gag, and you can say whatever you want. Final request, it's only fair. Meanwhile, I am going to put the rest of rat poison in the Pepsi. After you are done, you will drink it, and you will maintain eye contact with me for as long as you have control of them. Ok, here we go. C'mon, pleading? You want to go out as a wimp? No f**k you, or see you in hell? That's disappointing. Ok, stop talking, and drink. There we go, all of it. It's a little bitter, I'm sure. Look at me. I have one last question. Would a crazy person have been this humane?

© 2017 Timberwolf32


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh my f**king gosh I LOVE this your a sick read Timberwolf32 i'll be watching out for some more amazing work

K.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 10, 2017
Last Updated on March 10, 2017

Author

Timberwolf32
Timberwolf32

CA



About
Just writing to vent out my emotions more..

Writing