The Flower At The Desert [2/100]

The Flower At The Desert [2/100]

A Story by Timothi_Ellim
"

The second of my stories from the 100 Day Literature Challenge that i am currently undertaking. The story was perviously published on my deviantART account

"
Bel falls onto the sand, with screams and kicks of hatred bordering on agony. Here in the wastelands she could find neither a scrap of shade, the touch of water nor the kiss of the lover she had lost; and it pisses her off. 

With pale skin burnt into red stone, her sun-worn hands grip the immortal sand beneath and with an almightily swing, Bel sweeps the timid sand into a flurry of tornados. All around her, the sand cuts into the air and her dry hands dig deep, hoping that her prize lies beneath this intolerable waste.

Clenched fists curl towards the sandy floor and where there was once a million hard grains, now lies a titan body of water that erupts into a tsunami under the power of Bel’s twins fists. 

Waves of water cascade from under Bel’s tired feet and it’s cooling touch brings Bel back to placid state. Kneeling in the oasis of water that expands all around her, her torn dress grows dark, soaked by water and bliss. She sighs. this is her last respite.

Water’s reflection betrays her tired gaze and with a stare, Bel looks at her broken visage. Where once she was fire and ice, now she is a husk, lost and alone in a desert with no home. She is a princess without a prince, and with a touch she sends ripples throughout the pale oasis around her. 

Water turns to ice and Bel remembers the touch of his warm flame, one which once was tender. Though she was cold at heart and soul, he didn’t seem to mind her freezing thoughts of old. Blazing winds shoulder her burdens and it is as if his arms are wrapped around her. Oh how long she had searched for him and yet, nothing. 

In the heart of the desert, the land of the sun, this is the closest Bel will ever be to her lost love. With her time at an end, she closes her eyes and makes peace with this world as the ice of her heart encases her in midnight snow. 

Bel is a flower of ice, undying, forever lasting, in the heat of the sands. 

© 2014 Timothi_Ellim


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on September 4, 2014
Last Updated on September 4, 2014
Tags: flower, death, desert, fantasy, story, adventure, life, immortal, love, couple, search, water

Author

Timothi_Ellim
Timothi_Ellim

Paradise City, In the realms of imagination and beyond, Singapore



About
My Works Largely fantasy based, my literary body of work seeks to explore reality through escapism because the harshest of truths is not told but realized. About Me Dreams, ideas and a stubbor.. more..

Writing