Tips on How to Manage People

Tips on How to Manage People

A Story by TimothyLee
"

International Association of Managers (IAM) Group Ltd is a non-profit organization for managers all around the world.

"

Some managers  lack essential  training in managing people. However, what’s more important is they lack values awareness and even sensitivity in order to effectively interact with their people. Though skills and performances are much easier to teach, but awareness needed to interact effectively all day long with people. Skills and technique are easier to teach, but values, beliefs, and attitudes are much harder to teach �" and  harder for managers to learn.

Yet, these are the underlying issues that will most make managers successful �" or not.

 According to the Management consultant at the California Institute of Technology, Larraine Segil said that to be an effective manager, you first have to know how to manage yourself �" as well as giving instructions to others, you also need to motivate yourself to lead your team. This, in general, needs you to become involved with the everyday activities of all aspects of your small business.

Most of the times, the best ideas comes up from those who work for you �" by taking time to listen to your employees or colleagues. You will likely pick up a lot of innovative ideas that can keep your business from declining. This development also shows you are a hands-on leader and it can keep employee’s morale high, as they will look at their role as more of a partner than just an employee.

Usually, people like to know where they stand �" by providing frequent and honest feedback, you keep the lines of communication open, which can make for a healthier work environment. One way to accomplish this is to make notes about each employee’s performance throughout the week, and then hold a one-on-one session at the end of the week. Provide feedback at the meeting (positive and negative), plus provide the employee with the opportunity to do the same.

 Successful leadership and managing people is all about communication and being able to effectively manage inconsistency.

© 2015 TimothyLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 19, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2015
Tags: IAM Group Ltd, IAM Group Limited, IAM Group Limited Yokohama