The Theory of the Memory Seeds

The Theory of the Memory Seeds

A Chapter by Tina

There can be so many kinds of memories. Some, we remember right from the moment of their occurrence, from the second of their birth till they fade a little, blur and transform into somewhat approximate versions of the original and keep walking with us. Then there is the form which we do not identify in the beginning as a possible memory. We hardly suspect that under some circumstances they will transform into something we will remember, leave alone having any notable influence on our lives.  They occur in a way, as casual as the start of a day. But just like a day, can silently spread over our lives and change it irreversibly. Here, in this story, I will be referring to this latter form of memory. The disguised one.

And you hardly expect memorable experiences in an IT life. Specially if you’re in a shuttle Sumo, chasing time to board a bus that will take you to that god forsaken barren land where the grand MNC stands unforgiving on the burial ground of  all that you ever thought professional life can be. Every occurrence, tiny or large, then seems to be completely incapable of morphing into any significant memory element.  

But then, this ignorant hopelessness is the perfect breeding ground of the memory seeds.

And so it was. A nonchalant glance, a simple question and a casual seeing off smile, all perfectly packaged into a healthy seed and carefully planted underneath layers of rusting consciousness.



© 2011 Tina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on June 10, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011


Author

Tina
Tina

Kolkata, India



About
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, .. more..

Writing
Yet Untitled Yet Untitled

A Book by Tina


A Poem for Love A Poem for Love

A Poem by Tina


Goodnight Goodnight

A Poem by Tina