SPIDER HOUSE

SPIDER HOUSE

A Story by Tina Kline
"

After you spot that first spider.....

"

    They dangled from the ceiling. Without the light on I could see them, dark shadows swaying gently back and forth as if in a breeze.

    I lay on my bed, hardly daring to breathe, watching as more spiders slowly descended upon their silky webs, looking like horrid Halloween Christmas decorations. I wanted to laugh, wondering if I was in the midst of a delusion. More spiders crawled across the ceiling, then slowly descended upon their silky webs. I was beginning to feel horrified. I pulled the blanket further up around me but the spiders continued creeping downwards, many above my bed.

    Somehow I knew I had to escape my bed, escape my bedroom and flee my apartment. I knew I could not stay here. Spiders! Too many spiders! I had to see if they were real or if I was delusional. Maybe I had unexpectedly become psychotic. I reached for my bedside lamp and flipped the switch. Light! Brilliant light flooded my shadowy dark room.

    A scream rose up in my throat. I felt like I was about to vomit up a great gush of blood. Send it spraying across my bed, my horror at the sight of all those spiders was so intense and all consuming. Spiders hanging from my ceiling. Hundreds and thousands! Shiny black spiders, sparkling with the lamp light. They swayed from their webs, ever so gently, yet slowly moving downward. They were above me. More were creeping across the ceiling, lodging their webs there and starting downward.

    I had to get out of this bed and flee the room. But I could not move. I was paralyzed with terror. I was horrified!

    In the corners of my bedroom I saw shiny black spiders spinning webs. How could something so ugly, so monster like, create something so beautiful? But then I noticed these webs were not beautiful at all. They were silky and white, creating a cocoon that the spiders were weaving together, creating a bigger and bigger web. Covering and concealing the wall. As I watched, my brain feeling rather numb, I realized the spiders were deliberately covering the wall opposite my bed with a great massive web. What horror was this? I wanted to scream but I seemed to have no voice. Spiders were creeping across my bed, leaving thin silky strands, spiders coming behind them, expanding on these webs, creating what looked like a silky milky white blanket drawing closer and closer to me.

    And this silky white web blanket the spiders were weaving rapidly covered my whole bed and they were spinning it closer and closer to where my head was sticking out from the blankets like they were trying to cocoon me in my bed. I was beyond horrified. What could I do now? How could I escape my bed with the spiders weaving me into it? Capturing me! Cocooning me! Like I was an insect for their next meal. Like I was dinner.

    I moved my legs and found I could not move them! What looked like silky soft gossamer was like threads of iron. Iron bands holding me in place.

    Spiders were up around my arms, my chest, across my stomach. I so desperately wanted to brush them off. To smash them. But within seconds my face was covered with silky white webs that were not like spider’s webs at all. I was held down by silky white spider silk that was more like iron.

    I was being weaved into my bed! And spiders were crawling across the walls, up and down, back and forth, spinning their webs, creating a great white gossamer blanket on the wall, a tapestry of white from some insect hell!

    I was starting to feel like a mummy. A living mummy. Encased in a spider created shroud. Spiders were spinning and weaving their webs, creating their great silky shroud. I screamed and screamed inside my head. I was alive! But breathing was becoming difficult. I gasped but there was no oxygen to gasp.

    I could hear the rustling of spiders outside my shroud. The clicking of their little pointed feet on the iron threads.

    Click! Click! Click!

    Spiders finishing their webs. I had become a living mummy. Unable to move. Entombed alive by hundreds and thousands of black shiny spiders. I could hear them clicking on my mummy shroud, across the bed and on the walls. Running across my web shrouded body, across the web shrouded walls!

    Click! Click! Click!

    Click! Click! Click!

    Millions of sharp pointy feet! Clicking to my doom!

    Click! Click! Click!

    Click! Click! Click!

    Shrouded alive!

    Click! Click! Click!

    Click! Click! Click!

    Screams! Only in my mind!

    Click! Click! Click!

    Lack of oxygen! Running out of time!

    No escape!

    Click! Click! Click!

    Encased in spider webs.

    Click! Click! Click!

  

 

© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very very scary spider story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

VERY COOL AND CREEPY PIECE LIKED THIS DETAIL IN THIS ALOT... OVERALL I THOUGHT YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON THIS... GREAT STUFF

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm totally creeped out. I'm shivering and shaking my hair and looking around on the walls. Fantastic horror write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very very chilling! I'm shaking right now to get the spiders off me! This is Awesome horror!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chilling. I used to love spiders, but now, I think I might have to free my pet...

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2010
Last Updated on August 2, 2010
Tags: spiders, horror, death

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..