INTRUDER!

INTRUDER!

A Story by Tina Kline
"

What manner of intruder is lurking in the house? Is it worth finding out?

"

      I sensed something was wrong as soon as I entered my home. There was something here, I wasn't sure what but I could easily pick up that what ever it was, it wasn't friendly at all. I was in danger.

      I kept a pocket knife in the back pocket of my jeans at all times and now I pulled it out and opened it. I held the knife in my hand, keeping that hand low at my side with the shiny silver blade ready. Taking a deep breath, trying to calm my fearfully pounding heart, I closed the front door behind me but left it unlocked. I might have to make a quick exit.

     After moving into my living room a few steps I stopped, listening hard. My still pounding heart was making concentrating difficult. I took more deep breaths, trying to relax myself.

      Maybe it was in one of the upstairs rooms. Maybe it was in the kitchen or pantry. Maybe it was in one of the 2 bathrooms. Or maybe it was lurking in the basement.

      S**t, I thought, what's in the house? A murderer? A rapist? Maybe it was someone who raped then murdered their victims. I didn't know. Most people couldn't pick up on the fact someone was hiding in their home. They just couldn't. Why was I? The thought crossed my mind maybe my intruder wasn't human.

      I wanted to laugh at myself for having this thought but I didn't. Sure, it sounded silly. Like something out of a movie or TV show plot.

      I started walking forward again, my hand with the knife in it held low. I knew not to turn the lights on. That would only serve to alert who ever or what ever was in my house. But scaring them might serve to make them flee. That, I figured, was only true if they were human. If it wasn't human then that would only serve to alert them to my presence and make them come to attack me. Maybe even kill me. No, I couldn't turn any lights on no matter how difficult it was for me to see.

     I crept across my dining room and entered my kitchen. With dim light coming through a window I saw my kitchen was empty of any obvious intruder. But someone could be lurking in the shadows in the room. The light coming in was light from the neighbors house and it was weak. I stared hard into the corners and under the kitchen table from where I stood at the entrance. It didn't seem like anyone or anything was there. But, unfortunately, I wasn't 100% sure.

     I turned around and headed back into the living room and went to the downstairs bathroom. I placed a shaky hand on the doorknob and turned it, flinging the door open as quickly as possible. Without any light it was too dark to see into the bathroom. A heavy curtain was pulled closed over the window. But I heard nothing and nothing jumped out at me. Leaving the door open, my heart pounding painfully now in my chest, I turned away from the bathroom.

      I felt a little concerned that what ever was in the house was surely hearing me moving around on the first floor. What ever it was could be on the 2nd floor or in the basement. It could be lurking in the pantry.

     Maybe I should leave, I thought, that might be the best thing for me to do. What would I do if I found who ever or what ever it was? Stab it? Slice it up during a fight? I wanted to laugh at my own stupidness. It didn't even feel like it was a human that I was sensing. It was something dangerous.

     I took a deep quiet breath. I decided to get out of my house and go over to my best friend's place. Tomorrow in the light of day I'd return with reinforcements. Some of my men friends would help me if not all of them.

     Having made this decision I crossed the front room to the front door. I was getting out of here. It was starting to feel like a trap too. I didn't feel safe at all. I shivered. It felt like something was watching me. I really needed to get out of here! And now!

     I reached the front door, feeling relieved I was about to be free of this growing nightmare when I heard a sound. I couldn't describe the sound. It was just a sound. But it put pure ice terror in me! My already pounding heart sped up and I suddenly couldn't breathe properly.

     I wanted to turn around. Every instinct in me wanted me to turn and confront the threat. My brain told me it just wasn't a good idea. I reached for the door knob with a shaking hand. I felt numb with terror. My other hand still clutched the knife. I was shaking badly now.

     Something was moving behind me, coming up behind me. I could hear it. My hand closed on the door knob and I turned it, opening the door as fast as I could.

     It was right behind me now. I could feel an awful cold radiating from it. It was as cold as the dead. It was an awful cold. I felt a scream in my throat! Freedom from this thing, this nightmare was so close! I wanted out of here!

     I took a step and something hit me from behind. My scream escaped, it was loud and piercing. Somewhere in my mind I was surprised I could make any sound since it was so hard for me to breathe.

     I fell forward out the front door onto the front porch flat on my stomach. The knife spun out of my hand. I felt clawed hands close around my ankles and it dragged me back inside my house.

     It flipped me over and I saw standing over me a creature too horrible to exist in the real world. It was pale with blood filled looking eyes, way too thin with long black hair and moist red lips. Its' dark clothes seemed more like they were a part of it, not something that it was wearing. It was leering down at me, the fangs in its mouth terrifying.

     Then it made a strange high pitched sound and attacked me. All I knew after that was horror, blood and a whole lot of pain.




© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! This waas intense and awesome... :D I liked that your character wasn't classic like most horror stories. Ya know the people who hear a sound when they're alone are like "Hello? Anyone there?" She actually tried to leave. :D GOod for her. To bad she didn't make it. ANyway... excellent write! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

hanging on every word..good story..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Suspenseful and very intense, This was great, kept me on the edge of my seat! another good movie maker or novel

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a haunting read, it kept me on my toes and I couldn't stop reading to see what happened next. Part two, please!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eeeks! This sure put all my hair on end! The tension in this was immense throughout the story clear up to the end. Great writing on this horrifying tale!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very intense fear level in this. It builds and builds until I wanted to scream! Awesome write for sure!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This waas intense and awesome... :D I liked that your character wasn't classic like most horror stories. Ya know the people who hear a sound when they're alone are like "Hello? Anyone there?" She actually tried to leave. :D GOod for her. To bad she didn't make it. ANyway... excellent write! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This story is truly frightening...it was intense, like watching a horror story. I was just thinking they were going to get out alive with no trouble...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh...I find myself checking the locks on my apartment door now! Have to admit
your poem gave me the shivers! :) So glad I read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Suspenseful! A spooky situation with a chilling end. An excellent write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The tension in this story is THICK, n' you ramp it up FANTASTICALLY, right to the bloody end! I want to see MORE of this story, to learn the whys and wherefores of this murder, cuz I am HOOKED!! ㋡

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 20, 2011

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..