Three

Three

A Chapter by TinyWriter

Spencer woke up in a cold sweat, the nightmare before still in her head. She jumped up, waking Asha who was next to her. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." She said out of breath. She looked at the clock and saw it was only two in the morning. "I'm just gonna go get some fresh air."

"Hurry back babe."

Spencer nodded before putting on her gray sweat pants and black v neck. Sneaking a cigarette into her pocket. She made her way down stairs and everything seemed off. The once inviting home, seemed eary and every shadow looked like a person. She walked passed the couch and saw Cara was sound asleep with Sponge bob playing on the TV. It eased her tension a bit, but still couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. She put one ear bud in an listened to her playlist while lighting up the cigarette. She rarely smokes, it's always been vape, but every time that nightmare pops up, all she can do is relive the memory of it all.

The car crash, the screams of her brother in pain after they were hit by the truck. Her family disowning her after her brother didn't make it. Her sisters harsh words that it was Spencer's fault. Sure, they came to their senses after the grieving and apologized, but it still happened and it still hurt. She inhaled, but coughed a little when she heard a small plead for help. She turned off her music and listened more carefully. It took a minute, but she heard it again. It was low, but still there. It had to be. She got up and was startled when a hand was on her shoulder. "F**k Cara! You can't sneak up on me like that!"

"Sorry! You seemed spooked, I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Do you hear that?" Spencer pointed to the thick woods that surrounded their home outside of the gates.

"No."

"There is someone out there, I have to check."

"I'm coming with you." Cara said before grabbing a metal bat and they ran into the woods. They made it passed the gate and sprinted far into the woods until a figure was on the ground, gripping his leg. "Is that Victor?"

"Victor!" They shouted in unison.

"Be careful!" He shouted. "There's traps all over the f*****g place."

Spencer saw his ankle stuck in a bear trap. "Why didn't you warn us about the traps?" She asked while Cara handed the bat to the blond.

"There's never been any traps our here before."

Spencer finally got the trap open and freed the man. "Thanks Spenc."

"Of course." She said while taking off his belt to wrap around his wound. "It doesn't look too bad. I think."

"That's reassuring." He said sarcastically.

"Wait a minute, how did you even get out here?" Spencer asked before she heard a scream. She got up and was met by a left hook sending her to the ground. It took her a second to focus again, but her adrenaline kicked in when she got up and saw a knife sticking out of Cara's abdomen. She lunged forward, breaking her fall and adding pressure to the wound, looking around for any sign of who just attacked them. "Victor! Come here and put pressure on this. Don't take that knife out!"

"Where are you going?"

"To find that b*****d."

She grabbed the bat and followed what she assumed was the mans footprints. It was hard to tell due to the darkness. There seemed to be more than one track. Before she could think twice about it, she was tackled to the ground with a man on top of her and the bat being pressed down on her throat. "You are going to be more trouble than you're worth." His voice was deep and scratchy.

"She's feisty." Another man said, looking down on her struggling form. "Save her for last." His voice was sickening.

She was struggling for air and was on the verge of losing consciousness, but was knocked out by a kick to her temple.

Jazmine was in the bathroom when she heard a loud scream come from downstairs. "Asha?" She opened the door to see a man in a blue duck tapped mask in front of her. Before she could call for help, she was grabbed by the neck and turned around, something was placed on her mouth as her eyes slowly closed.

Asha locked the door as a man almost got in. She looked him in the eye through his mask and by the looks of it, he was smiling. He held up a phone with a text on it as he held it up to the door window. Asha was still dazed, but she knew that phone from anywhere. It was Spencer's. 'We are already inside.' Is what the bright screen said before she was grabbed by the hair and being dragged off.



© 2016 TinyWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
Added on December 12, 2016
Last Updated on December 12, 2016


Author

TinyWriter
TinyWriter

Crestwood, MO



About
Born at a very young age. A caffeine dependent life form that loves to write. I'm a writer of different genres. Nothing is outside my comfort zone, so my stories can go from very heartwarming to gory .. more..

Writing
Savior Savior

A Chapter by TinyWriter