Only a Wish....The Ending...

Only a Wish....The Ending...

A Story by Writing_angel
"

Sorry, the End of Only a Wish

"

Karen tried to picture her mother smiling lovingly at her father. There was no such image she could conjure. She tried seeing them together on the plush couch. To no avail, she couldn’t see. It was an eclipse.

The sun will bow to the coming night every day, but it’s the sun that keeps the earth nourished and lit. The sun offers something the moon can’t offer; its own rays. The moon reflects the light, taking in the sun’s glory in his own arms. The sun’s charm encompasses the moon’s brittle, waning form. The sun never wanes. Karen gave the stars a fleeting glance and stood. “Dad, you’re gone. Behind that cloud, there is no light for you here.” The dark cloud disguising the beauty of the moon lurked ominously.

Mom is that sun.

Dad, you’re the glory seeking moon.

 

Karen walked slowly toward her new home. She paused to look at her pale, freckled arms. Remembering her flaming copper hair, she knew her own eyes matched her mother’s. She smiled her father’s crooked smile.

Mom loves me.” She tasted the words- so unbelievably foreign. It’s been too long.

Karen opened the door carefully.

“Mom?”

She warily crept into the living room. Her mother sat on the plush couch, pretending to be absorbed in the program she was watching. Karen closed the distance between her and her mother in four long strides and eased down beside her mother.
“Mom, have I told you how sorry I am?”

Without looking away from her program, she answered, “Not recently.”

“Have I told you how much I love you?” This time, the words tasted sweet.

A tear rolled down her mother’s cheek, her green eyes locked with her mirrored daughter. “No.”

Karen smiled. “Mom, I love and appreciate you more than you realize.”

She blinked twice as more tears started flowing. Karen wrapped her arms around her mother as she herself started to shed a few tears-her wish coming true.

© 2008 Writing_angel


Author's Note

Writing_angel
I appologize, I couldn't get the whole story on one file.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
Added on June 18, 2008

Author

Writing_angel
Writing_angel

Rocky Face, GA



About
Hello, Time can't squelch my passion for writing, singing, or any other extra activities that includes all sorts of sports, hanging out with friends, and enjoying an afternoon out in the sun. I love r.. more..

Writing