The Conqueror

The Conqueror

A Chapter by A.B.
"

This is the first chapter where a man named Amon is about to conquer the powerful city of Zhen for achieving his goals.

"


"There is a beautiful kingdom, a kingdom that all of your wishes can come true. The name of this place is Zhen. There, you can find riches, wine and beautiful women. Everyone's dream is to live there, or even just to have a taste of it, but if you are naive, the city will swallow you. It's full of tricks and traps, people that want your money and your life. They will make you your slave and you won't even notice. Every other place and wants to become Zhen. But I... I will conquer it".

  Miles away from the city of Zhen, behind the mountains called "the Black Titan", lies an army hidden, waiting orders from their powerful leader. "Today is the day that we will take what is ours back!", says a tall man with beard and muscles named Yaro while drinking from a big cap of wine. "Aye aye, you are right", another man raises his glass across the table. A woman scoffs, making fun of what they are saying while peeling an apple with her small knife. 

 "Do you have something to say Elektra?", says Yaro raising his eyebrow and flexing his muscles. 

Elektra stands up, swinging her ponytail and says, “Well big muscle, don’t need to overdo it with your big words. It’s disgusting and fake”. 

The man's eyes expand in shock and the people around start laughing. “Well said”, people start adding.

 Yaro push his hands against the table to stand and with an angry face he charges to her. She puts one leg back and stoops with open hands waiting for him. Yaro screams while running towards her ready to take her down. A second before he arrives Elektra moves aside and Yaro falls on the rocks. People start laughing and she raises her eyebrow to show who is in charge, crossing her hands.

  The night falls upon them and the soldiers start going into their tends. Elektra sees a man standing on a big rock, looking to Zhen. That man is not other than their leader, Amon. She walks and stands right next to him. 

"Everything that we dreamed for, is right there", she says while looking at the sunset. 

"I remember you made fun of Yaro for saying something like this", he comments while not taking his gaze off Zhen. 

Her eyes widen in shock, not expecting him to have heard of that. "Well you see Amon, I mean it. They don't know what you are really after, but I know", she says while blushing, this time looking at his tall figure.

 The city oh Zhen gets light up by the fireworks. "Today is the marriage of the Emperor Lon with his fourth-to-be wife, princess Nora", Amon says. "From the kingdom of Lotus?", Elektra answers and Amon nods. She continues smiling saying, "Well that's a wedding that we need to attend". 

   After an hour, the soldiers leave their tends and go to the armory. They prepare wearing their uniforms in black color, having the red dragon sigil on their back. The helmet is devilish, having horns and the masks differ. Some of them are faces, some shapes. Elektra sharpens her knifes, Yaro picks his armor and a strange figure meditates. He is Roen, Amon's trusted adviser. He has long brown hair and he is said to be very beautiful, certainly more beautiful than Elektra that she looks more like a man. 

 The army, 100 men only, is ready and on the front stands Amon staring with his bright blue eyes to his goal."Today I will get what is mine" he thinks.

  With a steady silent pace they camouflage into the darkness through the difficult path that the Black Titan provided. After two hours they reach the big wall of Zhen. The men using signs communicate with each other aiming for the weakest point on the wall. "There is a small crack on the south end of the wall", says Amon to them. Indeed if you look closely you could see it but it's so small that the people couldn't even notice it.  Yaro starts scratching his head thinking how a small crack like this can help. 

  Roen goes close to him and says, "You see, most of the people that tried to take down Zhen tried to do it by using canons and taking down the wall. But this wall is protected by magic provided by the Gods and they leave only scratches. No one could get that close to climb it but this is the most unguarded part. They don't expect people to get so close to this end because no man can survive coming from the path through the mountains, but we did. Actually the whole wall has cracks on it, it's just we were searching this one that indicates that this has few men on it". 

  And with that they threw their ropes and start climbing. Trying not to make a sound, one man after the other reaches the top. "I count 20 man" whispers a soldier to Amon. "Make it silent", and they charge making no sound taking down each soldier one after the other. Running around, the streets are empty, celebrating the wedding, perfect opportunity for an attack. Hiding behind a house, Amon sees the princess on her white dress, with beautiful flowers decorating her light brown hair. She glances at him for a moment and his eyes dilate. 

 "She is a beauty and we need her alive", says Roan, bringing Amon's gaze back to him. Amon puts on his mask and takes his sword off the case. Ready to charge he screams, "WE ARE GOING TO CONQUER THIS PLACE". 



© 2017 A.B.


Author's Note

A.B.
English isn't my first language so you might notice some mistakes. I hope to improve and your comments will really help me! I hope you like this chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on October 18, 2017
Last Updated on October 18, 2017
Tags: conqueror, fantasy, war


Author

A.B.
A.B.

Greece



About
Hello, I'm a young writer with a vivid imagination. My dream is to share my passion and what I store in my head with all of you! more..

Writing
The Conquered The Conquered

A Chapter by A.B.


The Red String The Red String

A Book by A.B.