Growing up

Growing up

A Chapter by Kayla :)

I can't remember the last time I had a normal dream. It seems like every time I wake up there's someone new standing above me... I couldn't ever look at them for very long because of how afraid I was, even now a little bit of fear runs through me every time someone shows up in my dreams. I couldn't tell you how many times this has happened to me, 'cause I've lost count... 
It started when I was really young, I can't remember an exact age 'cause the years have just sort of blurred together. But it's basically been happening for my entire life... It started when I had this dream, always the same dream for several years but it started the very first time I had this dream. 
The same dream for years and it all started like this... I was on a cliff, staring at the sky when I start walking closer to the edge to look at what was down below... But there was nothing below, never anything at the bottom of that cliff. It was standing on something so tall it went above the clouds and you couldn't see anything but the tops of clouds. But when I looked down all I saw was blue, that sky blue color, for as far as my eyes could see. 
Then suddenly I felt a jerk, as if I was being pushed, and then... I started falling... What felt like hours I was doing nothing but falling. I never reached the bottom because eventually I would wake up. I was always afraid that if I'd reached the bottom I would see myself get killed. It was as if someone were trying to tell me something. Every year I would have this dream, at least once or twice a year, for what feels like 4 or 5 years. 
Because of this dream I became afraid of heights. Anything that I went on that resembled a cliff, I would avoid... Roller coasters were one of my biggest fears... The feeling of falling does nothing but remind me of that dream. The fear that one day I'll have it again is something I think about on a daily basis. 
After that first dream I had I started having these other dreams. Dreams of people dying, people I'd never met getting murdered. I can't remember all of them because they started when I was so young. But I can remember a select few that have stuck with me through the years...

This is our story... Are you willing to listen?


© 2015 Kayla :)


Author's Note

Kayla :)
This is a true story based on this that happens to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on November 27, 2015
Last Updated on December 8, 2015
Tags: ghost, story, true, nonfiction, dreams, fear, love, hate


Author

Kayla :)
Kayla :)

Perkinston, MS



About
i love music, I also LOVE to write more than anything in the world... and i have to say writing is my life. I hope to one day become an author. ... I'm really in to horror mixed with romance and fant.. more..

Writing
Alley Boy Alley Boy

A Chapter by Kayla :)