Chapter 3 - Adventures of Unforseen

Chapter 3 - Adventures of Unforseen

A Chapter by Igniza

We followed Eron after that little incident towards the largest tent in the encampment. Eron led us in and he did guarentee a free show for us. As we went inside, the tent was surround with seats around the ring of the centerstage. As the ceiling is dangling with spotlights and wires.
"Here we are, the best seats in the house." Eron lead us to the middle front row within the crowd.
I seated beside Kathy as she seated beside her brother.  It amazing that I am here with the whole view of the stage. The seats are slowly filling up with people. I'm glad that we get to sit before most of the people got in.
"So when will you be performing?" Asked Kathy to Eron.
"Well," As he thought "You'll see. I can't tell you when but, hopefully there won't be any problems like technical difficulties or props missing. I'm actually still new in performing."
Navid chatter to Eron. Eron listened.
"Who says? Of course I'm terrified. And who made a mistake last year?" Eron conversed with his monkey.
"Don't freak out. Just think positive." Aiden encourages him.
"Just try your best even though you didn't do good before." Kathy said to him.
"Very well, I shall indeed." Eron bowed and smiled. But then he looked over as a staff member came to him and whispered something in his ear. He nodded as the staff turned away from him. "I have to get ready. I'll should be going. Just enjoy the show."
"We can't miss you" Kathy waved as she cheered.
"I can't wait." Aiden said.
"Good luck today." I said to him.
Eron left waving a bit and hurried back. I got some sort of chill but what can happen?
Ladies and Gentleman welcome to our Circo delle Meravigli. We shall show our spectacular wonders we bring. Sit down and enjoy our show...

I sat there anticpating as the lights dim. The music started to play with the welcoming trumpets until the singing violins accompanied with flutes, clarinets, and harps in the choir. Then the kanun and darbuka joins in hand as the lights slowly lit with warm colors.

The music then changed as the performance began with belly dancers wearing their showy and chiming custumes. The dance was intriging but I was wondering if it's appropriate for the children who are watching. I know Aiden might have enjoyed it the most, like most men do.

Then, became a few of the dancers displaying swordplay and then within the circle, one woman holding two swords in each hand appeared. She stepped in the center as she wore the most brightest colors like the sun of the horizon. Her was dark-skinned and yet the most beautiful woman I ever seen by far. She danced as she swung he swords like a true swordsman displayed with professionalism.

The tune soon speed up as if something is expected. And so it did. The woman smiled as she handed one of the swords to one of the other dancers as they left the stage. She left to dance to solo with one sword until something unbelievable thrilling. She lifted the sword above herself as she opened her mouth, she then did swordswallowing.

Kathy grabbed my side as she felt disgusted. Aiden, unlike his sister actually cheered. I watched her which I find gruesome but manifient to see.

The woman took the sword out and the crowd cheered. She elegantly curtsied before she left the stage.

I really never saw a beautiful and daring woman like that ever. I wonder how did she do that.

"Hey," Kathy whispered to me. "When do you Eron will show up?"

I shrugged. "Maybe soon. It shouldn't be long now.

Then, a charade of horses with many colors lead by a white one with silvery and tainted blonde hair storytelling about a horse spirit of wonder. Soon, a bunch of gymist huddle together as they showed off their overly-streched flexibility and using their own strength to the fullest with utmost support from each other. A freak show of a man and woman with big and small creatures that creep and crawl over themselves. Following along is a fearsome tamer caged within with a lion with three lioness along with two cubs of their own but it ended comically with a golden retriever who believed to be a lion as well.

The each stage performances ended with applause and I couldn't wait for more. I felt like a child again and that I haven't missed anymore fun.

The colors from the lighting darken for several seconds. As I anticipate what is coming next, a spotlight shine over a familiar person. It's Eron, the one we waited to see.

The lights then lit up the entire stage with a table of props, a chair and one big box which could fit a person.

Eron was dressed in black and white like most classical magician wore but he's like a gypsy version. He smiled as he readied himself to amuse the audience.

Eron started out with a from his hand. His sleeves are little to short to conceal what to hide as more cards appear. One card in the left hand had disappeared and then appeared to the right hand. He did more card tricked until he pulled out a deck from his hand and then pulled it up to shape it like a sword. The cards stayed together as he took a long sheet a paper and it actually cut the paper in half.

More tricks which came about. Another like a flower became a dove, a wreath became many more doves flying out of the tent. A rope tied around his neck and body became straight again with untangling in a second. A glass of water then became confettis which fallen on the audience. Even Navid made an appearance but appearing from under a a tablecloth.

Even though they look so simple, Eron was given applause from everyone. Eron then turned to the large box and pushed it into the center. He spun it around and at the same moment, the dark-skinned beautiful woman from the first performance came in. It looks like she's also an assistant and she had a sword hung behind her in a scabbard.

Is she going in that box? I thought.

As the box opened up looking so spacious and empty; instead of her, Eron actually went inside the box.

I thought to myself worrying that since he's new in this, I prayed that he won't mess up.

The woman closed the box containing Eron, she used a slide through the box into three sections which separates the head and torso. The staff helped to take the head section on the bare table. She opened the box and Eron head shown and the section with Eron body is shown too. Eron waved from his body which is meters apart from his head.

I turned to Kathy and Aiden, they looked shocked as well. It is not a cheap trick afterall.

The staff and the woman closed the boxes and returned it back to it's normal. As she removed the slide, she spun the big box around proving that there's no influence that cause the trick. She then made her distance from the box as she took her sword out.

I knew that she was going to cut the box, but what will happen?

The woman readied her blade and cut in the middle which made the box cut in halves. The box was then split and as the box pulled away from each other, not one but two Erons appeared.

Twins!? I was so shocked in awe and confusion. I know that Kathy and Aiden are just as much as I.

The crowd as flabbergasted. Two identical people wearing the same clothing and they bowed at the audience back to back.
We watched them doing more exciting tricks such as levitation, objects switched from each twin and tricks which looked almost impossible that defies reality. Soon the performance almost ended to a close, the twins then vanished with a long purple fabric enloping around them. Not a trance of them remained.
Applause, adoration and wonder is everywhere.The show ended and it is slowly getting dark as we exited.
"That so much fun it's better than before. Freakier too but awesome!" Kathy stretched as she exclaimed.
"We should come again then." Aiden suggested.
"Maybe but, wouldn't it be too much?" Kathy asked with wonder.
"It's no problem." Aiden shrugged with half a smile.
For some reason, I get the feeling he's hiding but what. I'm not suspicious but I know him too well enough. But really, it is too much. I mean I know he works but shouldn't he be more conservative about money.
I looked up for a brief second at the weather and here I go again with weather predictions. I know that it's going to be foggy again and never wrong.
"Anyway, we should get home soon. Fog is coming." I told them.
"Really? We still have daylight." Aiden complained.
"We should go when we can." I rolled my eyes to Kathy for a split second. I looked at him with obvious concern for Kathy.
"Oh, right." Aiden remembered.
I didn't tell anybody but Aiden knows too. Even though I did say that Kathy is perfect but, everyone does have a flaw. This is something almost everyone doesn't know.
It's when we were in middle school together, all three of us. Thats right after I first met them and something happened.
It was that one time when we were playing hide-and-seek in the woods. It was a little far from home but, Kathy and I went to hide and then it was foggy all of a sudden. Kathy wander off to hide somewhere through the fog and sudden went missing.
Aiden and I tried to look for her but she was gone. Before it got any thicker, we managed to go back to get help.
Kathy was missing for almost three days. Everybody even her parents was so frantic because it was too thick to see and the weather conditions didn't change.
Well, this is what happened. It was thanks to my psychic ability, I gave them suggestions where she might be. It just kicked in out of nowhere and thats when I knew that, I know I can find her.
By the time we found her, she was so frightened and still. She couldn't even speak a word. Nothing came out of her mouth.
After that incident, she couldn't go school or even leave the house. Kathy has had undergo therapy and family support for her psychological recovery. It took her over two months to make her speak again. Soon, she was able to go out and come back to school again.
She couldn't remembered what happened during that time. But since then, she was diagnosised with nebulaphobia, fear of fog. Whenever she goes out on a foggy day, she would freeze, panic and sweat; occasionally she either scream or faint.
Because of that, she stuck with me this whole time. Radio broadcast aren't too reliable.  I guess I'm like her safeguard or a guardian just because of my accurate weather predictions. I barely see her hangout with her other friends without me.
Maybe I'm just here just cause of that but, that doesn't matter now. It's been always the three of us together and I like this even though I might be just a convience to her. We say that we're best of friends but, I don't think there really is a place for me.
"Couldn't we just look around a little longer?" Aiden asked with a pouty face.
I looked at Kathy and asked her. "What do you think?"
"Maybe 15 minutes more." Kathy said.
I looked again at the sky to check. It's not going to fog until another hour but, I'm concerned for Kathy. "10 minutes and no more than that." I finally decided.
Aiden ruffled my hair all of a sudden and smiled. "You always have to make a bargain."
I blushed as I felt his touch on my head.
"Salve." A voice appeared.
I turned and there we saw Eron or the look-alike walking towards us. He's dressed in a velvet vest and brown pants along with a green sash around his waist. He walked towards us and then politely bowed to Kathy.
"Did you enjoy the show, Signorina?" A white rose appeared from his wrist as he presented to her.
"Uh, yeah. Thanks Eron or other Eron?" Kathy became puzzled trying to determine is that is him or not.
The Eron in front of us chuckled with a sweet smile. "I see that brother hasn't told you yet."
The three of us looked at the Eron who spoke. Then we finally notice that this isn't the Eron they met an hour ago.
I then felt a hand suddenly on my shoulder as a voice as said. "I see you've now met."
I turned to my side and there is Eron in his previous attire he wore. He then presented a red rose like his twin in front of me.
"Thank you." A red rose, how pretty.
Eron walked around me playfully as he turned towards his twin brother.
"I didn't mention it but I would like you to met my older brother Erick." Eron introduced.
"Pleasure to meet you." Erick politely bowed.
I scanned the both of them. Wow, I never seen twins who are this identical to each other. They're like a splitting image each other and there's no slight difference other than their clothes that can contrast them.
"You know, if it wasn't for your clothes; I thought I'd seen double and go crazy." Aiden said.
"I wonder if human cloning is possible now?" Kathy thought and said out loud.
Eron and Erick laughed together. "Everyone might say that." They said in unison.
Now thats creepy. Are they really twins?
"Everyone could never tell us apart since we were born except our mother and a few others." Erick said.
I laughed at this somewhat childish yet mischievious behavior they display before us. It really does amuse me as well cause this is something out of the ordinary.
"We liked your show, it was fantastic." I said to them.
"Grazie." They both bowed.
"Anyway all that aside, will you be staying for tonight's finale?" Eron asked.
"We are..." Aiden started out.
I interupted. "Tonight we can't. We need to be home early today."
"I see thats too bad." Erick said with disappointed. "We wished you stayed longer."
"Maybe we can come again next time." Kathy said to them.
"If you may. But before you leave, we like you to invite you to do a little fortune-telling." Erick said.
"Oh, no I think we're fine." I said. I can do that too and who knows if it's a scam.
"Why not Claire?" Kathy asked.
"Our nonnina is a oracle of our people here. She does many fortunetellings and most of them are very accurate." Eron said.
"We thought maybe you would be interested." Erick added.
"I am. Let's go, Claire." Kathy tugged my arm.
"I don't need to from someone else. " I turned to Aiden. "Aiden?"
"Nah, I'm good. I'll just look around and then wait at the car for you guys." Aiden sways his hand.
"You don't want to know your future?" Kathy asked.
"I think the present is for important." Aiden answered with confidence.
Typical Aiden trying to be cool, right....
Aiden left us as we turned to Eron and Erick.
"So, where do we go?" I asked them.
"Just follow us." Both Eron and Erick said in unison.
We followed the twins towards a fancy looking little red tent. For some reason, I get this exciting feeling. A type of shaking feeling never felt before and it's powerful. I wonder what kind of person is she.


© 2013 Igniza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013
Tags: fiction, thriller


Author

Igniza
Igniza

Oakland Gardens, NY



About
Just a writer who likes to daydream, inspire with many things and so on. I just like to write what I imagine. Mostly fiction. more..

Writing
Source Source

A Book by Igniza