Fear.

Fear.

A Poem by Bri
"

I have a deathly fear of water because I almost drowned as a child. Things take effects, it's time to realize our fears for what they truly are.

"

It's the dead feeling inside that creeps in when you've realized what you've done.

It's the dead cold animal that eats you alive in your nightmares.


It holds you back from doing what you love.

It holds you back from standing out.

From making a change on this cruel world.


It's what keeps once-great swimmers out of the ocean.

It's what keeps amazing singers off of stages.

It's what sticks writers to isolated journals and diaries.


It's that one feeling that just makes you want to crawl in a hole and die.

It's the one feeling that even mere children feel.


It brings terror.

Hatred.

Cruelty.


And no matter how much you try to avoid it,

it is always crouching at your door.


What is this horrid emotion that has been bestowed upon us, you may ask?

Fear.


There is no escape.

No hiding.

Fear is always there, whether you want it or not.

© 2014 Bri


Author's Note

Bri
Please let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes, you are right! The shadow of fear always follow us. We are conscious about when it is closer to the core of our life. Sometimes when the black curtain of fear is unveiled we see nothing and sometimes we see even the death which smiles at us with all its diabolic teeth.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bri

10 Years Ago

Wow, thank you. Even your reviews are poetic. Lol.



Reviews

This Poem is like an awesome mirror on which reflects the real inner-self and feeling of person than his or her face does!

Posted 10 Years Ago


So true, the whole thing.
Very well played!
It keeps you hooked from the moment you start to read. ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bri

10 Years Ago

Awe thank you
Bluefire

10 Years Ago

No problem. ^^
Another fantastic write. It's self made whether we know it or not and yes it holds us back from our true potential but if we have strong faith in God we need not worry he will catch us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very well done! You captured that emotion and described it, well done! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very raw and honest. Well done! xx

Posted 10 Years Ago


Summed up a very human weakness quite well. Great job Bri!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I loved it but I love fear itself, That may sound crazy but its the only way to over come. Not many things I fear in life like the dark don't bother me, But now inner darkness that is much different it scares the crap outa me. I really love your writing you're very awesome:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's why daily living takes a lot of courage. I think you've written something everyone knows about, but rarely puts it out there like you did. Nice write

Posted 10 Years Ago


Phobias come in so many forms and sizes . There is no hiding or escape from them. We have to deal with them face on...You have penned a great one on fear of water...:)...........

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yes, you are right! The shadow of fear always follow us. We are conscious about when it is closer to the core of our life. Sometimes when the black curtain of fear is unveiled we see nothing and sometimes we see even the death which smiles at us with all its diabolic teeth.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bri

10 Years Ago

Wow, thank you. Even your reviews are poetic. Lol.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

464 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2014
Last Updated on January 11, 2014
Tags: love, dad, sad, empty, romance, fun, tale, story, book, special, long, nice, friendly, amazing, fantastic, bombastic, extreme, lovely, beautiful, new, girl, awesome, love me

Author

Bri
Bri

Writer's City , CA



About
I try to go through all of my read requests once a week, so, please be patient with me!!! I'm an artist of all sorts. I've been writing stories since I could first hold a pe.. more..

Writing
Not That bad Not That bad

A Poem by Bri


Ch. 1 Stay Silent Ch. 1 Stay Silent

A Chapter by Bri


Ch. 2 Finally Home Ch. 2 Finally Home

A Chapter by Bri



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Caged Caged

A Poem by Vidya Bacchus


The Duel The Duel

A Poem by s y e


Funhouse Funhouse

A Poem by Diana