Pumpkin

Pumpkin

A Chapter by xToxicTrick
"

First chapter to my "Coffee Break" project! So the first chapter is probably my least favorite chapter out of the three i have so far. It just feels not interesting. I'll probably fix it up later.

"

Spencer O' Neil, a light orange haired, grey blue eyed “nerdy” boy, stood in the afternoon line at Starbucks. He let a gentle sigh escape his pale lips as he shook when the door swung open, letting the cold winter breeze drift into the semi-warm coffee shop.

The line inched forward slowly, Spencer shuffled to the front when the blonde, twin tailed girl in front of him stepped aside to retrieve her coffee. He looked at the menu and smiled at the cashier.

“What will you have today, Spence?” the cashier boy smiled, chuckling lightly as Spencer shivered again.

“a grand hot chocolate please, Matt.” Spencer said, earning a small nod from Matthew.

After paying, Spencer shuffled out of the way and awaited his hot chocolate. He looked down at his black and white checker high top converse shoes. He clicked the front of his shoes together in hopes to amuse himself as he waited. Alas, it didn't quite go as planned.

“Spence! Your hot cocoa is ready!” Matthew purred over the counter top to his childhood friend. Said boy looked up, taking his hot chocolate and nodding at Matthew.

“Thank you. Are you accompanying me while I watch Disney movies tonight? It's Friday.” Spencer asked, cocking his head to the right slightly. Friday nights were nights when Matthew came to Spencer's apartment and they watched old childhood movies together and relived the good old days. It's been their tradition for as long as either of them could remember.

“Can't buddy, sorry. I've got a date~” Matthew grinned ear to ear at his friend's surprised look.

“Really?! That's so great! I hope all goes well.”

“Yeah, me too.” Matthew chuckled “Sorry though.”

“It's alright.” Spencer shrugged in response. “I'll watch some cheesy horror movies instead.” he laughed gently. “But you have to make it up sometime soon, alright?”

“Of course.” Matthew laughed along with Spencer “Well, I gotta get back to work. I don't mean to rush our conversation but I'll text you later or something”

Spencer nodded and said his goodbyes, taking his leave. He opened the glass door, shivering in the doorway as the cold, crisp air surrounded him.

“Are you gonna move or are you just gonna stand there?” a firm but husky voice said from behind him.

“Oh, sorry.” Spencer said moving fully out of the door and onto the cold pavement.

The rude boy scoffed and went on his way.

Spencer took notice of the boy's short rough looking black hair and the piercings lining his right ear. He sighed and pulled his small jacket closer and huddled into it with his hot chocolate.


Spencer rushed home and welcomed the warm air from his apartment as it engulfed his cold, tingling body. He slipped his shoes off and hung his coat up before stepping forward and stopping in front of a picture of a man hanging on the wall. Spencer smiled slightly and touched the glass as if to feel the warmth of the man's cheek.

“I'm home dad.” he said to the picture.

Slapping his hands onto his cheeks in order to regain his composure, Spencer left the entry way, slipping into the living room and sliding onto his blue sofa.

Spencer flipped the television on and turned to FX. He squealed as he saw there was going to be an American Horror Story marathon.

Brimming with excitement, Spencer bounced off the couch, darting to his room and changing into his baggy AHS shirt and grey sweat pants that were so big he had to roll them up slightly at the hips. Quickly making some snacks to go with his hot chocolate he bounded back into the living room and sat on the couch again, ready to start his marathon.

The opening theme came on and Spencer's fingers did a dance as he held his hands to his face.

Now later into the first season, Spencer grinned ear to ear as Zachary Quinto's name came across the bottom of the screen in the guest starring section of the beginning credits.

Tonight was gonna be a long, eventful night.



Late into the night, Spencer's grey blue eyes faltered as the first season ended. He yawned then smacked himself on the cheeks. He yawned again, his eyes drooped and he dropped his head onto the Charmander pillow resting at his side.

Spencer's eyes closed for a split second before his cell phone rang. He jolted up and looked at the caller ID, Matthew. He sighed and answered.

“Hello?” Spencer said in a slightly groggy tone.

“Spence? It's Matthew.” his friend said, sounding slightly worried.

“What's up?”

“Oh you know...hiding...in my mom's living room.”

“Why?”

“You didn't hear? There's some guy breaking into some houses around our area.. He's like looking for something. Or someone?” Matthew's voice quivered a bit.

“Calm down. It'll be fine. Want me to come over?” Spencer asked.

“If you want... but... Spence... be careful.”

“I know I got it. I'll be there in a second.”

With that the line went dead, indicating Matthew had hung up. Spencer groaned softly and stood up, stretching out and yawning before he walked back to the entryway to put his shoes and coat on. Spencer stepped out into the cold hallway of his poorly heated apartment building. He rushed into the elevator and stood silently with an older lady, a punk looking teenager, and a business man on his way to work.

“Be careful out there boys. There's a lunatic on the lose again I hear.” the old lady says quietly as the elevator stops at the bottom floor.

Spencer and the punk teenager nod at the woman and they're off.

“Does it freak you out?”

Spencer looked over at the teenager “What?”

“Does it freak you out? Y'know. The whole lunatic thing?” the punk kid asked

Spencer shook his head “No, but my friend is pretty freaked out by it so I'm going over to his house to keep him company” he explained.

“Ah, I'm going over to my grandma's house to keep her company...”

Spencer nodded as they walked out of the building together. The punk boy mumbled something inaudible as they walked out of the automatic sliding doors. Spencer simply ignored it.

“Well, I'm going left so...bye...” Spencer said, awkwardly.

“I'll catch you around, pumpkin.” the punk winked and went on his way.

Spencer stood in the cold snow, flustered. He quickly turned on his toes and rushed to Matthew's parent's house, but not before he took note of the boy's rough looking black hair and the silver piercings that lined his right ear.

He had to tell Matthew about the cute, punk boy who called him 'Pumpkin'.




© 2014 xToxicTrick


Author's Note

xToxicTrick
Please give me feedback! I need to work on my writing a bit still. But, as i said above, the first chapter seems lame to me. But i like how the 2nd and 3rd are shaping up! So I might upload them soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on January 21, 2014
Last Updated on January 21, 2014
Tags: werewolf, human, boys, gay, cute


Author

xToxicTrick
xToxicTrick

London, United Kingdom



About
Oh hello, I'm Trick! (My name is actually Alice but i like Trick because it's cool! just putting that out there.) A blooming author who really appreciates feedback! I so far have mostly writ.. more..

Writing
For You For You

A Poem by xToxicTrick