What an unusual car

What an unusual car

A Chapter by Rambling Mind

"I hope four bottles of tequila is enough!" Bree giggled as her brown curly hair bounced around on her tan shoulders and face. "I hope that it is."

 

Shane took his hands off the wheel in another attempt to steal it away  before Vanessa or Andy could hoard it for themselves.  The wind started to pick up and the sky began to turn a very familiar yellow.  "F**k!" he screamed.  The road in front of them began to vanish and the illustrious hole began to appeared, swallowing, eating, devouring the concrete road.  "This car doesnt have a deselorator button....How the f**k do you stop this thing.....f**k..." Bree put the bottle in between her thighs and reached past his crotch.  She slid her hand around his ankle and guided it onto a funny looking pedal, pushing hard with all her might. The car screached to a halt as it skidded into a 180 degree spin.  Bree's body crashed into the console and the gear stick jammed into park the car bucked once and shut down throwing the tequila about forty feet from the car, just as the desert began to swirl around it.  " Bree are you ok?  Vannessa hollared.  She grabbed at Bree's pink bra strap.  "Bree!"  Brees body moved and jumped back into the seat laughing.  "Is the tequila alright", she said.  Vanessa lunged at her grabbing her beautiful hair in her fist and pulling her face inches from her own. " Youre a right b***h, you know that eh!"  Bree continued to giggle even as she was pushed back into her seat.    Andy moaned and grabbed at his cheast.  The ancient seat belt had on had left him winded and he was furious at Bree for being both smart and deeply stupid at the same time.  "You could of told him what to do, but nooo, you always have to show off,  you could have gotten yourself killed."  Bree smirked and flung open the side door climbing out into the desert.  The high winds and knife sharpened sand began to peel away the skin on her arms and face and she leaped back into the car in pain, but still laughing.  " How are we going to get the tequila..'"  "How are we going to get the tequila back.  Thats all you can say"  Andy couldnt believe it. He had been in love with Bree for as long as he could remember.  She had even been with him on there first date when the s**t of the world began to hit the proverbial fan in 2050.  But now Bree had moved onto other things and all he had left was his sister Vanessa and her tool of a boyfriend, Shane. 

 

Shane reached down into his pocket and pulled out a small medical worm.  It glowed deep blue and wiggled in between his fingers.  " Hell no" Bree cried. "I am not using one of those ...things"  She grabbed her shirt and tore off a peice, dipping it in the last bottle of tequila she began to dab it on her wounds.  "Look, you cant always be so stubborn, shane sneared, you know it works".  he grabbed her arm and reluctantly handed the bottle to Andy and vanessa.  Bree winced in pain as the worm began to flatten itself on her wounds  sucking, biting, blending, becoming, and she finally smiled.  " I know, I am sorry, but those things were just the begining and we all know what they led to".  Everyone sighed in silent agreement.

 

The dust outside began to fade and the windows began to reveal what had happened .  All four faces pressed in close and through their foggy breath  the horror of what could have been swept over them like a wave.  The hole was about one hundred feet wide and the road around them lay crumpled and broken.  Green smoke was bellowing from within the cavern and the bottle of tequila was swimming in a sea of small alien soldier worms.  It teatered for a moment and then it all vanished. Vannessa nestled back into the seat. "I think its safe to go outside"  The doors swung open and all four of them slowly emerged.  The sky was now a crystal baby blue and clouds began to float above them.  The air was good enough to breath and each inhaled deeply.  "Why was it again that we needed this car?"  Andy sighed. "I mean its not like its the only one left...right?'"  They all looked at him.  "It is the only car left that they didnt convert using their alien technology.  Vanessa belted.  Its the only car they can't control,  "and apparently neither can we."  Bree slid over into the drivers seat and pulled another lever.  The hood popped up and pure white steam seeped out.  "I think its ok, I mean we just need to let it cool off."  Bree was very handy with lots of ancient human things and had a real sense of how they worked.  "How do we know they wont be back" Vanessa asked. Bree slid into the drivers side seat and turned the key.  The engine clicked a couple times and began to turn.  "Because, they got what they wanted."  They all climbed in and began the treck back to the last free holdout.

 



© 2008 Rambling Mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on June 8, 2008


Author

Rambling Mind
Rambling Mind

RI



About
There is always too much to write down to describe everything about yourself.....where to begin...how much to tell......I have been many people over many years.....I have been born and reborn and sinn.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rambling Mind