Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Trapped
"

"

We continued our journey home, walking silently along the empty road. It was so dark that the only lights were the dim streetlights and my expensive watch flashing 8:29. The air covered us like a warm blanket and was so crisp I could almost snap a piece off with a flick of my finger. We both stayed close to each other, keeping an eye out for strange figures. Our hands were close, so if we did see something suspicious, we could tap each other and make sure we wouldn’t be seen. We walk for a while, until I felt a tap on my left palm. My body quickly shifts and I dive to the ground. Instantly, I am a black cat with glowing purple eyes. While I was transforming, Lex turned transparent. She picked me up and started running. Gunshots pierced the night. She ran faster. I felt the wind rush past my tail as a bullet rushes past. A tall, bulky figure appears in front of us, stopping us in our tracks. A gruff voice emerges from the shadowed figure, “You can stop hiding yourselves now.” The streetlight Lex turns visible, extremely pale, and I switch back, hopping out of her arms. “What do you want?” I snarl. “Do you kids know the name Morpha? She disappeared about 8 months ago” The man says. I nod tentatively, “What do you want with her?” “Oh, so she’s a girl?” He says with a smirk. I silently scold myself, “What does it matter?” “Well my boss has a deal to make with her.” He says, arms crossed. I smirk and look down, “Spider, butterfly become seen.” Jet black spider legs appear around my waist and bright purple wings rimmed with black flapped on my back. “What deal do you want to make with me?” I say, raising an eyebrow. The man gapes. “Uh… I-I wanted to… um… if you want to meet or if you e-ever need anything, p-p-please call us” he stammers, handing me a sleek black business card with gold lettering. “Thanks” I say, starting to flap my wings. I poke Lex with the end of one of my many legs, and she brings up a large piece of shining crystal from the ground. She sits on it and scoots over so I can hop on. I sit down, pocketing the card. She sets the crystal at a hover and suddenly, we zoom through the night to my house. My watch blinked 9:14 as we walk through the door. “Eve!” I call, “We’re home!” The shout echos through the house, making it seem unusually hollow. “Eve?” I shout. We run through the house, calling her name in every room. She was nowhere to be found. I stopped in the kitchen. There were scrape marks on the floor and broken glass littered everywhere. Lex walks in and puts her hands to her open mouth. A tear fell from my eye. We both knew what had happened, even with no spoken words. Eve hadn’t left on her own will. She had been kidnapped. 



© 2018 Trapped


Author's Note

Trapped
Any critique?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: Metamorphosis, chapter 2


Author

Trapped
Trapped

Naperville, IL



About
I just write to escape the outside world and to erase my pain. I’ve been told my poems are “amazing” but all I see in them is my faults. more..

Writing
Live Within Live Within

A Poem by Trapped


Coward Coward

A Poem by Trapped