Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Trapped
"

What will happen next?

"

We were moving. With every bump, pain shot through my head. I groaned and sat up. Everything ached. I looked around and realized that I was in a small gold pouch. I sat there thinking, while an opening at the top of the pouch allowed me to soak in some sun. Everything that just happened hit me in a wave, making me stumble and fall backwards, closing the flap. So, I really am a princess. Peeking my head out of the opening, I saw that I was strapped to Snicker’s back, and we were climbing a mountain. It was a beautiful view. We were high above the clouds and the air was thin. I didn’t care that the air was so thin that I was gasping for breath, because the mountain took away what breath I still had in my lungs. It was colossal, speckled with gemstones of all shapes, sizes, and colors.  Searched the glittering mess for emeralds and poudretteite. I didn’t even know what they looked like. What color? What shape? What size? I pushed those questions out of my mind, and searched for emeralds. Sapphire, no. Diamond, no. Pink diamond, n-. I stopped. My body tensed up when I passed it. I glanced at Jake and Snicker. Both of them were staring at the top of the mountain, unaware of my consciousness. I snuck out of the pouch, and flitted over to the strange diamond. As I got closer and closer, I could feel a pulse coming from the diamond. I couldn’t see it, but I felt it. It resonated within me, shaking my tiny body and making it hard to stay in the air. I reached to it, my body shaking violently. As my wing brushed it, the shaking stopped. Just as fast as it started, it stopped. Before I could think about it, my body stretched and grew into a woodpecker. I pecked and pecked at the diamond, to no avail. I shifted into a tiger and clawed at the diamond, letting out a roar of frustration. Jake and Snicker turned around sharply and stared at me, than at the diamond, than back at me. I stared at the diamond and rested my paw on it. I felt the diamond loosen, and I scooped it up out of the ground. Grabbing it in my jaws, I pranced it back to Jake and dropped it into his hand. He stared at it, glory and all.





© 2018 Trapped


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on December 23, 2018
Last Updated on December 23, 2018
Tags: Define love, superpower, elf


Author

Trapped
Trapped

Naperville, IL



About
I just write to escape the outside world and to erase my pain. I’ve been told my poems are “amazing” but all I see in them is my faults. more..

Writing
Live Within Live Within

A Poem by Trapped


Coward Coward

A Poem by Trapped