Chapter 3 - A Hard Days Work

Chapter 3 - A Hard Days Work

A Chapter by Trealmon
"

Chapter 3 of Phantom Keys: The Story Begins. This chapter introduces Marcus Rivera as the third and final main character.

"

            Crime has been down recently.  That is both a good thing and a bad thing.  I’m glad that I don’t get paid for every criminal I catch.  I should feel happy that I’m not like most of the officers at the precinct.  I’m just happy that I was raised with money.  Sure I’m rich but not many people know it.  I did not want to subject myself as being another stereotypical rich kid who lives off of mommy and daddy’s money.  I want to make it on my own, at least for now.

            Later on, I have a date with one of the most beautiful women in the world.  She has style and flare.  But most of all, she was perfect.  It is true that no human is perfect, but her flaws make her better.  I love her so much but I’m too scared of taking a giant leap into this relationship.

            I can’t wait to see her tonight.  She decided that we should have Japanese.  I should probably get something that is fancy.  I want to look great.  Will tonight be the night?  Will I finally ask her to marry me?  I love her too much to let her go another day without a ring on her finger.  I can remember the first day I met her.  It is as if I met her yesterday.

 

            Three months ago I was patrolling.  I so happened to have passed this exquisite flower shop that I never bothered to notice.  Seeing that all was calm, I decided to observe it.  When I entered I was approached by the warm and caring air that resided in the flower shop.  And then I heard an almost angelic voice call out to me.

            “Hello officer, welcome to Gwen’s,” she said from behind her counter.  “How may I help you today, sir?”

            “You can call me Marcus,” I said, “this is a lovely establishment you have here.  And I’m just looking around.”

            “Okay sir…I mean Marcus.  But I’ll be here if you need me.”

            I continued to look around the store until I saw my mother’s favorite plant.  “Excuse me, Ms.�"”

            “Stephens…but you may call me Gwen,” she said with a beautiful smile on her face.  “Do you need my assistance?”

            “Yes.  I was wondering what type of plant this is.”

            “That is a Chrysanthemum.  Is it for your girlfriend, if I may ask?”

            Is she flirting with me or is she serious?  To humor the topic I told her the truth. “No, this is my mother’s favorite type of plant.  I don’t have a girlfriend at the time.” After I said that, I saw a flicker in her eyes.  “But if I may ask, would you mind being her, or am I being a little too forward.”

            Gwen began to giggle.  “That sounds nice but I’ve only just met you.”

            “I know. That’s the reason why I want to date you, to become even closer to you.  You are a very unique person and I would like to get to know you.” I couldn’t believe those words were coming out of my mouth.  I’ve always been the quiet type, but when I spoke to her, I spoke from my true being, the being that I have not known of existing.  “So what do you say?”

            “Nice way of putting it.  I might as well say yes.” She walked behind the counter and returned with a piece of paper with her number on it.  “Call me anytime.”

 

            Since that day, my life was wonderful.  I feel as if she really completes me.  The things that I liked, she liked.  She is my soul mate and I want to be with her until the day I die.  I can barely imagine living without her.

            I’m glad that our dinner date is at ten o’clock.  That gives me enough time to get everything prepared for tonight.  Tonight will be the night to remember.



© 2010 Trealmon


Author's Note

Trealmon
Let me know if you still enjoy reading this story or not.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on November 22, 2010
Last Updated on November 22, 2010


Author

Trealmon
Trealmon

Hephzibah, GA



About
When I have time from school work I read books. I like books that keep me wondering about what is going to happen next. Three of my favorite authors are Anna Windsor, Zane, and Geneva Holiday. Most pe.. more..

Writing
D.E.S.I.R.E. D.E.S.I.R.E.

A Story by Trealmon