2015 Outback Bowl

2015 Outback Bowl

A Story by Trent Keitel
"

I had the unique experience of attending the 2015 Outback Bowl between the Wisconsin Badgers and Auburn Tigers

"
2015 Outback Bowl 

By Trent Keitel

It was a brisk morning in Tampa Bay, Florida on the first day of the New Year. There was an over-casting sky above Raymond James Stadium who awaited the Big Ten West Champion Wisconsin Badgers and SEC powerhouse Auburn Tigers. From the beginning, the 2015 Outback Bowl had high intensity as the Badgers were showing they could compete with arguably the best conference in college football. To add to this interesting match-up legendary coach Barry Alvarez led the Badgers throughout the post season and the game once Gary Andersen stepped down. 

My seat for the game was unfortunately in the Auburn fan section, I was in a sea of burnt orange and navy blue and can still hear the vivid “War Eagle” chants ringing in my head. 

The Badgers and Tigers battled back and forth throughout the game and as time expired with the game tied at 31. The Badgers had the first possession and managed a field goal to make the score 34-31. Auburn took over on offense but the Badgers defense stood strong and forced the Tigers to kick a field goal of their own. 

If the kick goes in the game is sent to a second overtime, if the kick is missed the Badgers win the game. With my heart pounding and knees shaking the ball is snapped and the kick went up. The angle I had from my seat was deceiving but I could tell Auburn’s kicker had pushed the kick to the right. As I am yelling “He pushed it!! He pushed it!!” I watch the ball doink off the far right post and Badger nation erupted in joy. 

It was a great day to be a Badger fan! 

© 2015 Trent Keitel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on March 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 23, 2015

Author

Trent Keitel
Trent Keitel

Sheboygan, WI



About
Communications Major with an emphasis in Journalism at Marian University (WI). Looking to become a sports writer. Always looking for advice to become a better writer. more..

Writing