A Paradox Chapter 1

A Paradox Chapter 1

A Story by Trosque
"

First part of a series of stories surrounding a twisted monster.

"
Misty day it was, couldn’t see much, wanted to go fishing today but rather decided to stay at home and read a book. Made a nice cup of tea like any normal person, I found it funny how the author and I share the exact same name, Jack Wayne, took me by surprise how much I would actually enjoy his work, however, one line struck me as odd.

“It was the most horrible form of monster, a man in a twisted suit, with a face just as twisted, as if a fork was stuck into his face and was turned, and turned, and turned until all that was left was an abomination, a twisted abomination of mankind, yet I felt I was looking into a mirror.”

Suddenly I started having flashbacks to a dream where I was in the exact same situation. The shock of it all made me drop the book, as I reached down to pick it up I noticed something, the cover, the words, were twisted in the exact same way as that man’s face, horrific. A deeply rooted fear started to show, the kind of fear you only get in life threatening situations. But the worst of it was that I had nowhere to go, nothing to run from, tears started rolling down my eyes.

The one thing that shook me back to reality was a sudden knocking on the door, I hesitated for a while then finally decided to answer after my brother called out to me. As I went to answer the door, Carl screamed, and that fear came back, I rushed to open the door, no one was there, but I could smell something like burned plastic, deep and distasteful. Something told me to stay inside but I just couldn’t leave him out there, I took a lantern, locked the door, and went looking for him. I kept calling out to him, but instead the only response I got were the sounds of nature, and that disturbing feeling that someone was watching me. Soon I couldn’t take it anymore, I ran back home and locked the door, but the moment I did, I realized that the door wasn’t locked when I came back. That smell that filled the room, that burned plastic stink, it was too much. I couldn’t take it anymore, I fainted… I heard, words, whispered into my ear, “Wake up, and let the smell of death sink into your bones…”

Finally I woke up in bed, the fear was gone, but the smell was still there. I felt, satisfied, however, I couldn’t remember anything, my name was gone, my thoughts were gone, and when I looked into the mirror, my face too was gone… Twisted…. The suit… Felt comfy… Empty stomach…. Hungry……..

© 2014 Trosque


Author's Note

Trosque
I posted this story here for constructive critism, so if you believe there is anything wrong, or something done incorrectly, please do not be afraid to tell me, I'd like to better myself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on October 5, 2014
Last Updated on October 5, 2014

Author

Trosque
Trosque

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa



About
Nothing much to be said, make your own judgments based on my works more..

Writing
Perception Perception

A Poem by Trosque