Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Tubbs
"

About a girl named Vae and her time at college. It just isn't your regular college. Here they teach you fighting and even how to kill. Only Vae doesn't believe in their standards and then she has to.

"

Prologue


Interviewer: So, why don’t you tell us your name to begin with?


Me:               My full name is Virginia Avery Elvira Dumeaux, but I almost always use Vae -my initials- as my name.


Interviewer: I’ve heard that not a single person even knows your full name, is this true?


Me:               Well, no, my parents know my full name, as did my grandma.


Interviewer: And on that subject; your grandmother raised you. Why didn’t your parents?


Me:               Because my grandma didn’t want me and my brother to get raised by a couple of criminals and basically, my parents didn’t have enough time anyway.


Interviewer: Your brother and your grandmother both died, am I right?


Me:               Yes, they did, what’s your point?


Interviewer: Well, do you think they’d still be alive if you’d have been raised by your actual parents?


Me:               No, I do not! Maybe you didn’t hear me, but they are f*****g criminals! Being raised by them, I wouldn’t have turned 5! Nor would my brother and both those things   would’ve broken my granny’s heart, we were all she had!


Interviewer: Whoa, calm down, I didn’t mean to make you mad.


Me:               Bullshit! If that were true, you wouldn’t have asked me that!


Interviewer: Moving on… Your grandmother also gave you training of sorts, what was that like?


Me:               It was like getting trained, I mean, seriously? Okay, so I learned 5 languages from her: French, German, Spanish, English and Chinese. I already knew how to speak Russian and Dutch due to Russian parents and growing up in the Netherlands. As for physical training, I received that since I could walk, but not from her personally. For physical training someone came to her mansion and when I was older she would send me on a trip to learn. For example; when I was 14, I went to Japan to learn kung fu and other things alike. That’s also where I learned Japanese, obviously.


Interviewer: And she thought this to be necessary why?


Me:               For my own protection. Look, my parents aren’t your ordinary criminals, they run the Russian mafia. If they’d ever want to tie up loose ends, I need to be able to fight them off. That was the only way my grandma could be sure I was safe and even then she was worried about me.


Interviewer: And your brother?


Me:               He got the same training, but he didn’t pick it up as easily as I did. We could never prove it, but were fairly certain he was killed by the organisation my parents run. My grandma is another story, she died of natural causes, that doesn’t make it easier, but at least I can’t blame my own blood.


Interviewer: And now you’re on a special talents school, how did that work?


Me:               I always compare it to Hogwarts; somehow they find you and then they send you a letter to tell you you’re accepted. The only difference being age, you’re eleven when you get your Hogwarts letter, which I never got unfortunately, and you get accepted here at age eighteen.


Interviewer: And you are twenty now, so in your third year?


Me:               Fourth, I got my letter when I was seventeen, because I skipped a grade back when I was nine.


Interviewer: Right, and how does this academy work?


Me:               We get a chosen set of classes every day, just like any other school… or college. My schedule, for example, consists of close combat training lessons on Monday, weapons training on Tuesday, use of gadgets and also information sessions about future employers on Wednesdays, Thursday I have language courses and Fridays are for advanced strategy courses.


Interviewer: And what exactly is the difference in years?


Me:               You mean what sort of thing you do in every year on Saint Leonard’s? Well, in your first year you have your basic training: lock picking, pick pocketing, breaking and entering, stuff like that. Plus language courses, those are pretty much standard for every year. In second year you’ve got more extensive stuff and you start with your fighting training and maybe a little weapon use. Then in third year you’ve got pretty much what I have now when it comes to classes, with exception of future employers, that’s only in your last year. Last year’s pretty much explained, but something I didn’t talk about yet is the big, scary practical test. You have it in your first semester, so you’ve got the rest of the year to retake it. This test is a combination of everything you’ve learned in all of your years and is something future employers look at to determine if they actually want to employ you.


Interviewer: Well, I think that about sums it up. Do you have anything else to add to this interview?


Me:               Not to add, but I do have a question. Does that thing over there in the corner tape this?


Interviewer: Yes it does, but I don’t see the relevance to that question… Wait, what are you doing? Sit back down! No! Stop hitti… *Beeeeeeeeeeeep*



© 2012 Tubbs


Author's Note

Tubbs
Just the prologue, gives you the backstory, but the actual story hasn't even begun yet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on January 16, 2012
Last Updated on January 16, 2012


Author

Tubbs
Tubbs

Waddinveen, Middle, Netherlands



About
16 year old girl, living in the Netherlands, though my heart only speaks English. Aspiring writer of young adult books, from thrilling to lovestories and everything in between. more..

Writing
Chapter 1: The Kiss Chapter 1: The Kiss

A Chapter by Tubbs