Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by lauren emily
"

Please ignore all grammar and spelling errors..I wrote this at 1:30am this morning and I'm too lazy to go back and correct everything right now..

"



    She started out of the small glass window frame beside her right shoulder. The white mist below concealed the turquoise water which they had been traveling above for some time now. She closed her eyes for but a moment and sighed contently to herself. 'I'm almost there. After all this time it's all finally happening!' She could hardly believe the truth behind her own words. After years of saving and wishing and planning, the trip they had all dreamed about taking was finally happening. Only a few more hours and she, along with two of her best friends, would be standing in Edinburgh Airport, squealing and jumping around as they were reunited with each other.
    She lay her head back against the grey, leather plane seat and hit the 'Coldplay' playlist button on her iPod. She smiled silently to herself as it randomly picked the song 'Cemeteries of London'. She had always loved this song and thought it was perfect for the trip they were taking. Even though they were not going to go see the cemeteries of London, they were, however, going to see the castles and cemeteries of Scotland.
    She began humming the song to herself and then soon after herself actually singing along. She didn't care if people thought she had a horrible singing voice, for she was much to excited to care. "Singing la la la la la la la lay! And the night over London lay.." She closed her eyes bellowed out the chorus without a care in the world. It was all finally happening. Her wish was actually coming true! She was so lost in the ideas of what was going to happen in the days to come that she was only vaguely aware of the flight attandent that was now lightly tapping on her shoulder telling her to keep it down. Apparently some of the passengers were trying to rest. She just smiled idly back up at the flight attendant and chuckled quietly, "Only a few more hours, and it's all going to begin. I have never known true excitement until now. "
 
Just then, a muffled voice came over the intercom. "Ladies and gentlemen, may I please have your attention. We are now making our decent into Edinburgh Airport. Please fasten your seatbelts. We will me landing shortly. Thank you for flying with American Airlines, we hope you have enjoyed your flight. If you plan to fly again with us someday please.." She was completely oblivious to what the pilot was saying after that. They were almost there! Within a matter of minutes she would be in Edinburgh! She could hardly believe it! All there was left to do was wait at the airport for an hour or two until her friends arrived. This thought annoyed her. Why hadn't they all just decided to fly together on one flight instead of flying seperately? She knew the reason all to well, though, and decided it wasn't worth fidgetting over. She could wait. Maybe.



© 2009 lauren emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the flow of your words. I am keen to read more. Keep going :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


absoulutely amaazzinngg! :) I can't wait to see what happens! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Intriguing prologue.
I;ll have to continue.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
L
A very nice prolog I look forward to reading where goes.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 28, 2009
Last Updated on November 10, 2009


Author

lauren emily
lauren emily

Long Beach, CA



About
Why 'ello there! Thanks for stoppin' by. My name is Lauren (previously my screen name was TwilightReader) and I'm 16. I love writing, good food, fast cars, interesting people, cemeteries, photograp.. more..

Writing