CH 1 - Excerpt

CH 1 - Excerpt

A Chapter by quєєn tєα™

“You’re the only one we’re given this offer to.” The man had a sharp jaw with young features, blond hair and gray eyes, ones that looked like they were smirking even though his thin lips stayed at a vertical halt. His fingers folded over each other, resting upon the dark wooden conference table as he leaned over softly.

“We feel that you are the only one who can accomplish the dream we have in store.” He continued, a charming voice oozing from his throat that sounded rehearsed to the other male in the room.

“And what exactly is this dream of yours?” Makhi sat across from the blond, his brunet hair slicked back to keep his chocolate eyes into view. Being in meetings was never Makhi’s forte as it required him to look presentable which meant slithering out of his usual attire of sweatpants and a shirt that was probably never washed after three weeks.

“A project used to provide safer security to everyone who needs it. Including at home security,  military security, and business security.” A smile spread across his lips slowly, making a shiver run up Makhi’s spine. There was obviously more to the story that wasn’t being said. Makhi couldn’t care much less though. He was being offered a large sum of money with constant work which he didn’t very much mind. Makhi was a natural introvert and speaking to anyone other than his machines and creations was rare. Even with that though, Makhi was one of the best in his field and so many other corporate men had tried to get in contact with him, but this one, in particular, caught his eye. If only he knew why.

“Do you accept?” The man before Makhi spoke, his left eye twitching in what could’ve been out of annoyance, impatience, or simple anger, “We can always double the payment.”

Doubling it would be nice….

“Triple what you’re offering, and I’ll be in tonight,” Makhi smirked, leaning forward and extending his hand to the man.

The blond smiled, taking the hand and pulling down his blazer as he stood.

“The beginning of a new era is arriving, Mr-”

“Makhi.” He quickly corrected. The man smiled with a bit of irritation and nodded.

“-Makhi, and you will be the very man to bring it to the public. I’m excited to work with you further.’




It took several weeks for Makhi to finally discover that the man he negotiated with was Damian Ambrose,  the main mastermind behind the project he was paid to work on. It was odd to him, however. Not many organizers actually organize what their planning, did they? Makhi shrugged this off as quickly as it came up, he didn’t care much for Damian’s actions or reason’s - simply assuming that the man refused any error in his plan and needed to make sure everything was perfect as well as handled as smoothly as possible.

For whatever reason, though, Makhi had yet to lay eyes on Damian since that morning. Most check-ins for the project were taken by Makhi’s own co workers or Ethel who was some old hag who sat at the front desk of the building. Whatever made Damian believe that letting an elder who could easily be his grandmother manage the traffic of his company was a good idea confused Makhi, but he couldn’t say much. His own secretary was an AI he first made when he was sixteen. Then again, his AI wasn’t at risk of short term memory or sudden death. Everyone to their preferences and the man was paying Makhi over a quarter million per six months so complaining about any faults in Damian’s system was not Makhi’s goal.


The first part of the project had yet to be finished, much more fully discussed with Makhi. All Makhi understood was that his job was to build several small chips that each had the ability to be programmed with separate codes which could be transferred across whatever data base was needed. This was all done within the first few days of Makhi beginning his work, and the rest was helping whatever other inventors with projects that had yet to be finished.

Makhi felt powerless with this, having to be controlled by men over the age of thirty that probably had no clue what half the words they were using meant. Pathetic, wasn’t it?

The urge to confront Damian about this boiled deep in Makhi and it was easy to see. Makhi was never one to hide his emotions well and could be read as easily as a Berenstain Bears storybook.



© 2017 quєєn tєα™


Author's Note

quєєn tєα™
This is only an excerpt of Chapter 1 - the beginning half of it. I just ask that you give your feedback on it and if your attention is caught.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on August 19, 2017
Last Updated on August 19, 2017


Author

quєєn tєα™
quєєn tєα™

My Bedroom , WI



About
Seventeen | Writer | Poet | Tea more..

Writing
Makhi Makhi

A Book by quєєn tє..