Blinded By Design, Has Humanity Lost Its Way?

Blinded By Design, Has Humanity Lost Its Way?

A Story by Tyler Rhinhart

Its the same everywhere you go. Glamour shrouded streets, people bustling to from store to store to buy the next best thing; status is everything. The bigger the better, and the shinier the more worth. Mansions have power, and the biggest boat has the most friends. Shops crowd the sidewalks, with pubs in between. Price tags light up the window luring consumers in to spend money, crowding their houses with more unnecessary items and jewelry boxes with more useless metal. The successful strut the sidewalks with noses in the air, shopping bags in hand, and headphones blaring in their eardrums temporarily isolating them from reality.

Simple to forget is the poor man sharing the overcrowded streets. Poor men, the homeless, mope around in the same dirty jeans and dingy T's hugging their bodies. Worry writes the story in their eyes, with concerns only of how they will receive their meal. Shaking the tin cup for spare change with holes in his mittens and graying in his lumbering beard, he is ridiculed a beggar! These men and women have seen the darkness of the brightest streets. Hope is their only bet in a city whose policy states "Sink, Swim, or Remain Alone"!

And then there's me, despite both extremes of humanity, "People are beautiful".

City streets remain the same across the nation; headlights scream past one another and the hustle and bustle never quits. But, the people change. Any direction you look, a new beautiful face waits to greet you. Blinded by the glamour, people roam inconsiderately. As if they meant even an ounce more than the poor man under cardboard blankets and best friends with a stray cat. Underneath it all; the arrogance of the rich and the hopeless poor man's eyes; I see beautiful minds and desperate hearts.

There's more to life than the glamour and nightlife that floods the streets.
Or is there not? Is this what its all about? Am I the only one looking underneath it all?
Beneath the touchscreens and shopping bags, more exists.

Headlights speed past, 'we are open' signs illuminate shop windows, and people scramble with newly purchased stuff in hand-that is all it will ever be, is stuff- headed nowhere fast with fake smiles leading the way. But, more apparent than the busy cluster of nonsensical people herding the streets, is hope. Hope pours from the faces of humanity. Hope for a brighter day. Hope for something more!

People are beautiful!

© 2014 Tyler Rhinhart


Author's Note

Tyler Rhinhart
Please, any and all feedback is welcomed! Provide what you can! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 23, 2014
Tags: Love, Live, Life, Happiness, Happy, Creativity, Humanity, Earth, Mind, Motivation, Inspiration, Explore, Freedom

Author

Tyler Rhinhart
Tyler Rhinhart

About
Free and open minded thinker here, intrigued by philosophical reasoning and argumentation. I am pursuing world peace and a greater environment for all of the world to live in. Diving head first into t.. more..

Writing