Under the hot light

Under the hot light

A Story by Tyler Berg

Under the hot light of the theatre stage is the one place you can act differently than you normally are, you forget who you are and you become someone else in that glow under the hot light.

 

The troubles of the world melt away when you become another person, you adapt to their life and understand everything about them, I love the stage and will until the day that I die, Acting has always been a good release, which is why many tell me I am a good actor, and I feel as if Im a good actor because I know one thing : There is always room for improvement, there is always another tactic to define and change about yourself to help you cultivate on how your presence is portrayed....I think by no means I'm a great actor...but I know for a fact that I am an actor, because I can forget about the petty issues of the world and life in general, and adapt myself to another, capture a written and fictionary life, and make it real, make it my own...Theatre is the best release ever...because when you portray another character , you say "What has this character been through in life?" How does it apply to me, and how can I bring it to life?....I have done that in 1 single role....Mother Magee...and that...was the greatest role I have ever played...a foul mouthed strangely masculine fairy godmother, need I say more?

 

© 2008 Tyler Berg


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on August 3, 2008

Author

Tyler Berg
Tyler Berg

Livingston, TX



About
Not too much to say about me, I have alot inside my mind and an overhwelming desire to let it out so this seemed like a good outlet more..

Writing
Stars Stars

A Poem by Tyler Berg