Troubling Love

Troubling Love

A Story by Ellie Venice
"

Writing challenge day 1-write a love scene without using 'eyes' or 'gaze'.

"
Here we were dancing in the street. You in my arms, and I in yours. We danced to the inaudible melody of our hearts, sinking in each other. You held me close and swore to never let me go. You were laughing as we danced, as I found my footing and tried to be in rhythm. Oh, how your laugh made me melt inside. How relaxed and melodious your laugh was. We danced in the moonlight, forgetting all of our problems and only caring about each other.
We danced on the bridge that overlooked the river. I remember you told me that your love for me was as deep as that river/ Then you laughed and took me into your arms again. Your laugh so boyish compared to your look. A look of high standards. A look a man would have after experiencing all the troubles of life. Oh, how we danced to forget the worries of life. Oh, how we danced to just feel each other's love. We danced 'til midnight, then you took me home. You kissed me and cuddled with me and made sure I was alright. We fell asleep in the moonlight that was creeping through my window. At dawn's break, we remembered all our worries and problems and forgot about our love.

© 2017 Ellie Venice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017
Tags: love, dancing, hardships, writing challenge, moonlight, short story

Author

Ellie Venice
Ellie Venice

Roanoke, VA



About
I am a young writer and still am in grade school. I am in need of some feedback from people who aren't biased because they know me. Most of my stuff is crap but I like to write and have other people r.. more..

Writing
Naturally Naturally

A Story by Ellie Venice