Artsy me

Artsy me

A Story by Ellie Venice
"

Writing challenge day 4-describe the color blue without saying 'blue'.

"
"Whoa! Did you draw that?" my best friend Alex asks.
"Yeah," I say as I come around the table, "and it's not finished."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah. The eyes aren't as vibrant as I want them."
"They look fine to me."
"Well, they remind me of a cloudy day. They need to be brighter and clearer. Like, Florida's ocean or a bright sunny day."
"If you're going for that, then they are way too purple."
"I know! That's why I said it's not finished." I bend down with my paint brush and focus close on the iris. The paint isn't drying as well as I had hoped.
"Well then. Maybe it won't work and you'll just have to live with the galaxy eyes. Probably would've worked better with colored pencils or water color."
Right when I'm about to tell him to shut up, an idea ignites in me. I put my brush down and run over to the water colors. I grab a palette then rush over to my backpack. I dig through it for my colored pencils. Once I have them, I run over to my painting. I mix and match between the colored pencils, water color, and acrylic paint until I find the perfect hue.
"Finally!" I joyfully exclaim.
"It looks like glaciers mixed with the sky in a galaxy of nothing," he says matter-of-factly.
"Whatever," I respond as I just barely paint his jawline.
"It's true," he says as he tries to yank my brush away from me. "Just face it."

© 2017 Ellie Venice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017
Tags: paint, art, writing challenge

Author

Ellie Venice
Ellie Venice

Roanoke, VA



About
I am a young writer and still am in grade school. I am in need of some feedback from people who aren't biased because they know me. Most of my stuff is crap but I like to write and have other people r.. more..

Writing
Naturally Naturally

A Story by Ellie Venice