Bad Habit

Bad Habit

A Story by tyson

I have developed a taste for a very distasteful desire. I haven't used it that often; I haven't even been around it for that long. But as of late, all I can find myself thinking about is the pipe. The excitement, the anticipation, the yearning to see it again, to see clarity. I love the ritual, I love the taste, I love the smell, I love the smoke and I want it all. And that's why I must stop. 


Late last night I was with a few old friends and not knowing that I had been smoking earlier that day and still not long before I saw them, when the topic came up, what they had to say about it was only bad. The signs are all there, only a fool would ignore them this blatantly. I am walking on tight rope and a gust of wind is heading my way and if I am not prepared, the fall is long and far below. 


I have chosen to face this alone for a number of reasons, one being my grandfathers looming defeat from a long battle with cancer. The family is already in a state of disarray, the only thing holding each of them together is, each other. Mum is on the verge of a breakdown, she's never handled stress well, but I've never seen her like this before. Dad’s financial struggles and debts render him sleepless. Even together they are barely able to carry the weight on their shoulders, they don't deserve anymore-unnecessary baggage. Rehab is not for me, rehab is for drama queens, and with my sister having a failed stint at an expensive rehabilitation-centre and naltrexone implants, all at their expense. For them, this will be the straw that breaks the camels back. They don't always do well, but they always mean it, I couldn't bear to bring that upon them. They deserve far better. I am not embarrassed to tell them, nor fear the consequences or reactions, although, I am ashamed. 


This is my demon, I created this monster, the blame lies in my hands and I will be the only person to suffer for it. Sariah does not know. It would break her heart; I have already put her through enough. Only one person knows but not the extent of my infatuation, and they have gone away on a spiritual journey to Nepal for the next few months, which leaves me resource less. This will not be smooth sailing, the skies are already dark and stormy, but I will beat the night’s sea and everyone will be none the wiser. I made my bed, now I'm going to lay in it. Sweet dreams.

© 2013 tyson


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was briliant, wish it was longer bt then again all that needed to be said was. I am walking
on tight rope and a gust of wind
is heading my way and if I am
not prepared, the fall is long and
far below -great great line. And the ending was the icing on the meth cake.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very strong emotions underly this entry regarding your issues with smoking

Posted 10 Years Ago


I hope this isn't non-fiction. I hate the world, and I don't think most people realize how addiction permeates society. we have this image of what an addict is, and it is totally wrong. You can be on top of the world. If a person comes out on the other side, they can be better for it. But we always forget how hard our tasks are once we've past them.

I hope this wasn't over-sympathetic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


tyson

10 Years Ago

Unfortunately it is. But sailing is smooth now. I am with you on every word that you are saying, it'.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2013
Last Updated on October 17, 2013
Tags: bad, habits, drugs, pipe

Author

tyson
tyson

Perth, Fremantle, Australia



About
Born in Fremantle, Western Australia. 1993. more..

Writing
Dream No.1 Dream No.1

A Poem by tyson


I Favoured Him I Favoured Him

A Poem by tyson