Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by PaulOp
"

Introduction to the story

"

Terra shifted in his bed, he’d been awake for the past hour, enveloped in a swathe of blankets and one large duvet. He wondered why he had covered himself so, oh that’s right the air was getting chilly in Kyoto. He had retired early to get away from the jolly chaos; his entire family with some exceptions was here in Kyoto in the Third Kashimi Mansion, they had to celebrate their arrival. He gave a long sigh; it was going to be a long day, still if he could just stay here a little longer. Deep down he knew there was no hope of falling asleep again; however inviting sleep might be, it was beyond his reach until the day was over.


There was someone in his room, he never really understood why he could sense people but he just could. He felt a small nudge in his mind, the equivalent of someone tapping his shoulder. Then it was certain. As always he had no clue when she entered his room, his detection system never worked properly on her. The option of staying in that blissful state was lost for good. He knew that sooner rather than later she would show up.


Narissa stared at her brother on the floating bed; it was hard to clamber onto the bed without waking the person on it. She guessed that was one nice feature of these beds that float in the air. She wondered when the dolt would wake, if he hasn’t already, she was never sure about those things. That was when he moved, the movement of an awakened person. It was time and he knew it, she raised both arms, one pointed to the bed, the other pointed to the light gizmo. She reached into her mind to her power. Then she flicked both wrists.

Abruptly the lights came on and his blankets yanked off, a meaningful groan escaped from him. He turned his head towards his light footed sister. She was wearing a big foolish grin.

“Are you awake?” she asked. He clearly was, he suspected she asked the question out of habit rather than wanting the answer. He smiled at her. “Hi” he said

“Aren’t you going to join everyone for breakfast?” she queried.

“Of course I am” he retorted.

He sat up and gave the bed head a rhythm of knocks, and then it started lowering itself to the ground. As soon as it was low enough, he outstretched one leg and eased himself up. That was when she tackled him. He saw it coming, he always does, but for the adoring love of his sister he did not evade it.

“Happy Birthday Terra!” she said gleefully.

“Thank you very much Nayri.”

“Ok, so you’re coming?”

“Yes.”

She let him up and Terra grabbed his robe quickly, he slipped his feet into some slippers and walked out of the room, his Rykan pet hovering close behind. He met his twin brother Terry waiting outside his room, wearing the same foolish grin that Terra himself was now wearing. The twins embraced briefly and let their sister lead them by the hands to the dining hall.

Outside the door of the hall, he and his twin exchanged looks, then took deep breaths and stepped into a world of smiles, hugs and kisses. 



© 2013 PaulOp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 10, 2013
Tags: sci-fi, fantasy, superpower, magic, military


Author

PaulOp
PaulOp

* Select State *, Ukraine



About
I'm love to read stories and now I'm writing my own. I own a personal blog and i write gaming articles for a technology site. I enjoy gaming and discussing philosophy with my friends more..

Writing