Observing the Unemployed

Observing the Unemployed

A Story by UncleFossil
"

Revised and revisited article when I was on Linkedin.com; has alternate images. Word-count shown: 2615 range [subject matter, diploma mill in discussion.]

"

The ideas that just look on from a smaller hashtag, the question becomes do they even find these articles in their newsfeed?  

Well anyway saw someone from the old neighborhood as a backup for my classmate lead project, and talking with the costume makers explaining they're not employees though the client had a high-profile freelance boss. That's not an easy thing to grasp especially when you think about the founders of Blurb.com has a 7-figure income from finding such a website.  

When they see something at that nature, they have an income they can do with as they please. So the seeker reading this, what does one expect to find when someone got bored and use the hashtag out of curiosity; ask harder questions when the vocational rehab has their stomach churning in knots catching some of them being the cheerleaders for diploma mills such what played up around Pinellas County an NBC affiliate caught wind of fake degree becomes real trouble..  

The question I didn't expect to see two articles from watching it either to be the size of my most recognizable works in the genre outings [being Goth Horror and true crime respectively,] but anyway what can a jobseeker learn from a viral video?  

This continues from the article previously done more or less, as I shared a video to the status to have those toss ideas around for two to do the introduction. 

My family had implied, "You tried the author thing, try something more practical such as bagging groceries." 

I am sorry but I'm ready to teach someone how to publish. Bottom line and spelling this out.... that's what I am doing. Even when I lived around DuPage County there were no job-fairs to help someone even get their feet wet into getting in a magazine; this article got updates with images from the phone I used when I first wrote the article when then on LinkedIn.com for this and re-issued it is a little more fleshed out with images from when first introduced four years ago.  

Not many can even carry a 2100-word piece let alone a 4500 word one for that matter, well don't knock the ones who can even hit the 2100-word range because that's something that looks good on the resume. Where does publishing fall within the circle of the mainstream workforce when the terms used would appear, well at best vague? 

That is something I am asking myself in this region because they say or claim "you must have appropriate employment,” they would end up messing with my disability and medical [as I am on Medicare.] I was speaking with those from T-Mobile showing my classmate lead project, they said, "Okay that's is a first a publisher? We don't know any out here let alone those who had been published, you must be from out of state."

"Finally, someone who gets it!" 

I showed them Angela Hoy's website telling them that publishing is not too far from them either, but the sad thing is they would expect someone to just work in a grocery store and call it a day.  When one just turned 43 at the time this was first written, that is something I see well I know the pattern and stigma because I wonder what would make a schoolteacher stop being a teacher to work a deli or bag groceries being I worked with a school teacher at some point.

It is something I just won't understand, I see my alumni over the years get played down because they were in the small press as a published author though the bigger places who produced the novel Supermarket.  Some don't give what we all did in 2007 enough credit, though there are other writers who speak with me to this day 12 years later saying, "The choice of teletype, I looked into that font man that's a bit raw with the choice and a publication in the small press leaves more flexibility to choose such fonts."

Well, I've personally noted the jobseeker luminaries with their articles the most they hit is the count they're looking at with the cutoff point -- I am hoping that would this be something those who are in the breakroom would sift around with the status updates.  If they come up with something behind a word processor, other than a cover letter or resume, then have something that sits in the face of many asking what they accomplished -- okay that would be something sitting in my cashapp.

Part of the hard scenario would become the locale who no-to-low-tech flaunt then not greenlight anthology submission calls over not being compatible with their ideals how brevity is the upfront.

"Don't be raw with them!"

I am sure some are looking at this, thinking what is this guy doing sticking his neck out for us. There's a process to being published and a protocol with working with either Lulu.com, TheBookPatch.com and Blurb.com -- tools and extra steps to mimic a Lulu.com release on these other two places and I can say this is a process to get calibration right.  Ten years with the earlier taught me a few tricks working with the latter.  

That is something when I caught someone telling me, "that is in your past, look at where you are now."

That's the most condrascending remark I ever received in the history I've been a publisher and it's the one that trivialized everything I did by the time I turned 30 and 31 years of age. I was talking with a buddy from school via Linkedin.com warning him to be careful with his emoji choices on WhatUp App, in Dubai he would be looking at a hefty fine for one of the choices he would take for granted here in the States.  Hence the reason I am attempting to watch my language with this piece, knowing a few from the region might find this too.  Having a cousin who was in the Media and trying to keep her id and full name hushed in publishing but gone by her first two....Some of the roster knew her identity vowed to keep her involvement on a project quiet in the era until she was involved with CeaseFire Chicago.

What brings me to this article driving point, when you have international clients and some have the embargo on their country -- how do you go about getting a historic project in their hands without punishment or reflection on your country to the point they won't work with Americans?   That is something that I had to explore further because I am trying to find someone who is in that part of the world that doesn't have the restrictions with the embargo nations.

This is more without looking at being seen as a traitor, publishing is all about diplomacy.  Florida on the other hand, well I wish I can say the same though it was two years I have been here -- though in 1992 I had spent a week in Pinellas Park alone and written of this in An Eye In Shadows.

Getting me to denounce these; I am sorry that just will not happen especially a 2002 piece that helped me get my foot in the door -- those who see a smaller hashtag such as jobseeker, the question how many screencap this to catch the other trending tags going around it?  The whole thing with the literary sector I learned from an e-mail that the fannish circles, the small press and creative nonfiction all intersect at some point, or have an idea to do a piece that plays this up in some ways.  The question now becomes what exactly is allowed to be mailed into the Embargo Countries, Coker wanted to do business with Cuba [I understand after seeing a documentary from DW] and seeing that Persia would be a bigger challenge as they want to export standing from the question what countries will allow them to export English-speaking literature?

That's a question that sits strong in my head as I have friends who are Persian ancestry and how they get their work into their ancestral home, or end up becoming expats to get published.  Something that is thought about often since joining up with Victor Ostrovsky and his crew, he still does business in Israel his book has a passport of both Israel and Canada so that explains why the ISBNs we get are not costly. Looking on from a marketplace of ideas where does the wastepaper basket fit within them? Paying a grand to publish, the thing that would be all those that one produced would be sitting in their garage somewhere and eating up their savings account, ala Gail Riplinger. Hence the joke-publisher, Round File Press. 

The things some can get away with in the States, can criticize a department head without getting in trouble though with Academia one can risk it all at some point.

The choice of emoji can get one in hot water if you're a jobseeker, or even get one arrested as Slate.com spoke about it.  

So much could be lost within translation more or less in the question when this unfolds, Florida Realtors relates of News Media how they can be taken the wrong way, as the combination if a hashtag when the smaller following of a hashtag they wouldn't catch the reference. One of my cousins is a lawyer and her mother is a contractor so the question of what emoji can get someone in hot water -- just look them up.  It's related how courts never dealt with emoji and Miami courtrooms keep copies of books made from Urban Dictionary laying around.  I am careful with my SMS use too when it comes to the emoji findings.  I have connections around the Globe and even when I work with Alignable.com I think more on a Global scale with my clientele, locally I charge hire for thesis editing because of the antiscience rhetoric that comes out of the region.

Hashtags are like small villages or communities; they end getting to know who uses them at some point -- sometimes the more degrading ones show up on Facebook.com or Twitter.com. There's something about the emoji that one needs to be a bit smarter with the choices, nonprofits use them more than most at times and harder to deploy when on a desktop computer or a laptop. 

How I know I am dealing with a phone visitor is when they use more emoji than most; well, it's easier to share links to another page from a phone. 

Safe to say, though I know how to delete the url when the images catch.  

I was learning how to grab a URL on a smart phone I use Instagram for commenting only and rely more on Pinterest because I can upload from a computer. 

The thing about "appropriate employment" what exactly is appropriate when someone who was in his 30s, NFL football player end up having to plan his funeral because he died in a heatwave. That's something to think about there, and don't want me thinking optimistic because there's nothing too realistic about it because there are those who will discuss things that might invite a trigger or two. Where the jobseeker and fanfiction writer have in common -- many of them are not even taking their patterns to heart when it comes to their writing sample as an article went around where someone talked about using their fan fiction as a writing sample. 

The hashtag is as tiny as the village of Pinellas Park or Wheaton, Illinois, and even Pensacola, Florida. 

"You should be more positive, disown what you contributed."

"Really you have no idea who you inspire, if you cut everything off and burn all you had."

Almost forsaking what I contributed to in my 20s -- saying, "That is in your past, look where you are now." 

That is the most condrascending remark I ever received and one of those I want to give a strong language laced response when I hear it.  

I will notice how when a question is raised, they scurry like the lizards on the sidewalk hoping they don't get ran over by the vile primate on two wheels. 

Some of what I'm doing in this article, showing a pattern to my shares on the status updates -- some are interacting like on Facebook.com (my public page) from United Arab Emirates and a large population of them are expats.

The whole thing from those looking at these articles, if you're pulling, "Too long, didn't read." 

I guess some of them haven't seen a long read in a long time either -- or a viral video where more crabs are doing what played up along the Eastern part of the state this time.  

There is a deal in publishing why Florida gets the heat of it is because of Xulon Press and a publisher who had published Ray Comfort's special plagiarized introduction of The Origin of Species. The plagiarized introduction version of the said book goes for as little a dime on Amazon.com, used. Where is Bridge-Logos Foundation based, yes in Florida this operation is still active to this day. This publishing house is in Newberry, Florida, one of the few Human settlements in the area around the Gainesville metropolitan area. 

Those of among the jobseekers, this is a narrow gate and those who walk through it are few and far between. It is not just about being a good worker when approaching the publishing sector and doing freelance, but how well they can follow the submission guidelines [Both the written and image guidelines for a publication.]  That is something truly to think about because getting published in Florida is a rock up a hill, and if you appeared in a magazine or two as I did -- the whole thing becomes a bit of a challenge how to convince others to give it a try.  The whole thing with what played up the second time was a cast of crabs in the Orlando Metropolitan area where Fox News went three for three.

Academia leaves this open for those to get published and those who are just wanting to be only the workman, I've been there and done that at some point.  Those who are the jobseeker, they gone to job-fairs after job-fairs but the question becomes do they lurk on Linkedin.com reading the articles on the website. 

The whole, "Your audience is not on Linkedin.com, but your audience is us as in the people in the room with you and basically you're not writing for publication anymore."

What good are one's ideas if they're constantly getting thrown away -- and encourage the forsaking of published material. Then the motif turning someone into nothing more than a thief doesn't sit with me on my conscious.  

That is what I took away from the model knowing that took some of the tools and invested in them long enough for me to practice at home with them.  

Even the anonymous author who sent me a presentation they wanted me to publish under the condition that the classmate gets some of the proceeds with the presentation.  The thing some might look and those who are consulting Vocational Rehabilitation the question one wants to raise if they stumble across this article, has any of them produced an article or something that speaks of jobseekers on LinkedIn.com? What if someone finds my output in print and decides, "Okay I want to give this a spin as a writer. If he held his own with this crew, I want to see what I can do."

© 2024 UncleFossil


Author's Note

UncleFossil

Cross referral: NBC Report: Fake Degree, Real Trouble. When getting me to disown works that became sleeper classics to allow those who cheerlead vanity press should invite too many red-flags. This one would become the discussion when those looking for jobs how; what aspect comes when someone gets a 'bullshit education.' Where the known current locale made it rather coded they're quicker to help the street-residents with an 'Help Wanted' than try to tell them about this network, FictionPress: Biography Section or Wattpad.com.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on January 21, 2024
Last Updated on January 22, 2024
Tags: narrative-journalism, job-hunt-2020s, unemployed-populations

Author

UncleFossil
UncleFossil

Joliet, IL



About
I grew up in the Chicago area and a long time Illinois resident. I am published and a publisher of other writers. This is where you will find my samples of investigative journalism along with my wo.. more..

Writing