The Walk to School

The Walk to School

A Poem by UniversalSean
"

A small segment of a book I'm writing about my childhood and life lessons.

"

I walk to school every day, whether I'm a student or not. I don't mean a school campus. I don't mean a classroom with a teacher. I mean walking down the same trail every day, thinking about what's going to happen. Thinking about what's different or if it'll ever change. Thinking if that one thing that brings happiness will ever be found or lost.

 

The trail may play music. It may show friends and loved ones. Or it may be silent. And show nothing but enemies. It may be well known for it's color and light. Or often seeming gray and unknown.

 

When I walk this trail to school, I may be quiet because of the noise. Not from what's going on around me, but what's going on inside me. Sometimes I may be still because of the concrete. Not because of the paved road, but because I'm uncertain.

 

When you walk down this trail to school, you'll notice various paths. They may include life or death. They may bring smiles upon angel's faces or hatred from the devil himself. Or maybe some will even take you to a dead end or hidden path that you never knew existed.

 

The walk to school is never easy but must be loved. Everyday, the trail is being followed by everyone in their own way. They are being taught by what they come across on this walk. They are being taught from others by walking with one another. And overall educating themselves through each others life experience down this trail. This walk to school. This life being lived.

 

© 2013 UniversalSean


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on March 21, 2013
Last Updated on March 21, 2013
Tags: life, school, walk

Author

UniversalSean
UniversalSean

Santa Rosa, CA



Writing
Behold Behold

A Poem by UniversalSean