Proglogue

Proglogue

A Chapter by Isabel Lee
"

Before it all.

"

“Get Ronan out of here, hurry..!” Cried the woman’s voice full of intense sorrow and pain as she watched her only child get picked up by the strong arms of her husband.


Tears streaming harshly down her cheeks, knowing deep down that this would be the last time she ever got to see her child in her life; a life that would shortly be ended by the hoards of creatures heading up the palace steps to the highest point of the tower where a singular room was that had one entrance and one exit; other than the fairly large cutout in the wall.


“Come…” The father started with pain waving into his deep voice. “Give out son one last loving kiss…” He forced out.


She slowly took the two steps closer to the two as tears gushed down her cheeks even harder, tears that were golden in color.


She forced a smile as she peered down at her child, a child that was sleeping peacefully in the bundle of cloth the father held him in.


“You would have made a fine dragon my son…” She whispered lightly down to him, one of her golden tears falling against her son’s face. She lightly reached a finger out and wiped it away before kissing him lightly on the cheek before looking up at her husband, the king.


“He would have made a fine king…” She said lightly, her voice swollen with a mixture of emotions as she laughed lightly, only for the reason that if she didn’t, she would be wailing in sorrow because she knew what her future held; and she knew she would never be able to hold her child again.


“No, my flower…” The king started, looking down at his son before looking back at his wife. “He will make a fine King one day, he is a pure blooded dragon and it’s in his destiny to rule over these lands.”


His wife laughed lightly again, only to keep off from her wails again as she said, “You would have been the greatest father, Ismet…”


He smiled at his loves words as he spoke back, “And you would have been the greatest Mother, Eolande…”


Leaning down, he pressed his forehead against hers, both knowing that they wouldn’t see each other again either. Before any more words were said, the door was being bagged on violently.


Both looked at the door with frightful eyes before the wife was hurrying the father towards the cut out in the wall. “You must go, before they get Ronan.” She rushed out.


“I cherish you forever my sweet Eolande…” He said before jumping out the cut out, falling fast down the seemingly endless drop into the darkness.


The wife watched as her husband widened his black, glowing blue designed, wings and took off into the wild. Leaving her watching them with golden tears still rolling down her cheeks, a saddened expression taking over her features until the door behind her burst down and creatures of many were running into the room.


The Queen wiped her face before anger burned inside of her, as her flaring red eyes glared at them. Outstretching the wings on her back she let out a cry of fierce anger, her body turned to shreds as a fire dragon soon took shape instead.


Death might be my future, you repulsive beasts, but I will take many out before I go…” The dragon growled, her voice almost the same as her other form but there was more of a rumble. None of the creatures looked fazed by the words, each knowing that even if they lives were lost, they will kill the Queen.


One of them loud out an out cry and charged the red and black scaled beast.


-----------


The last thing the King could hear in the distance was the outcry from his wife. He felt tears well up inside of him but he shall not cry, it would blurry his vision and could cause a horrid accident in his stressed flight through the dark smoked sky caused by the enemy.


He held his son close to his chest to shield him from the strong wind hitting against them as he flew quickly.


Soon enough he reached his destination and swooped down, before landing gracefully on his feet in front of a giant tree. On the tree laid a mirror to another world, the only world his child would be safe in until it was time for him to come home.


The father whispered secret words and the mirror shined brightly as he took a deep breath and walked through it. Soon he was standing in a dark cave that would have been pitch black if the thick long tail, the King had, didn’t contain a blazing blue fire at the tip.


The King carried his son until he reached the entrance to the cave he stood in and he watched as a horrible blizzard went on. He dropped to his knees and set his son down on the slight snow that had seeped into the cave. A smile came to his face as he looked down at his son, as tears started to form in his eyes.


“Ronan, by beautiful son…” The father started in a low tone, full off so much grief. Knowing that by the time he made it back to the castle, his beloved shall be dead and waiting in the next life for him to join her.


But after a moment he stopped thinking of such things as he smiled down at his lovely child with an even bigger smile.


“You are the son of the mighty sun dragon Eolande and the fierce ice dragon, the king and queen of Łǎǐș', your home land my son…” The father spoke, mentioning the name of his dimension in his native tongue. “Eighteen years from my you shall come back to our world Ronan, and you will avenge your parents…” The more the father spoke, the more lower his tone got, do to the stress he felt that these were the last words he was saying to his child.


Turquoise colored tears started to stream down the pale skin on the king as he man leaned down and kissed his son's forehead before muttering ancient works. After a few long moments, his child turned into a mere mortal. His trail, wings, and painted ears had gone.


“There my little loved prince…” The father murmured as he stood up.


He knew his son could live in the colder climate of the blizzard with or without his dragon abilities do to him being part ice. But the King was going to make sure that his sun was raised decently as he let out a outcry and blue flames lit up the cave and for miles anyone could see the strange blue tint, even through the snow.


The king let his flames die down as the cave soon filled with his child’s cries of the sudden brightness and loud noise. He looked down at his child with a smile on his face as he whispered, “Forever I shall cherish you, Ronan my son…”


With that the father turned his back on his crying child, pain engulfing his heart as more of his turquoise tears poured down his face as he headed for the mirror. Keeping himself from looking back because he knew he would just try and stay longer with his son.


Finally, the king went back through the mirror and the last thing he heard was his son’s cries as he went back to his kingdom. Going out in a harsh Icy battle.


© 2017 Isabel Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on April 29, 2017
Last Updated on April 30, 2017
Tags: Dragons, New Worlds, Kings, Queens, Darkness, Gay, Mythical


Author

Isabel Lee
Isabel Lee

Unknown, Unknown



About
I am a young writer, I want to stay unknown by my real name. So just call me Isabel Lee, my pin name. I write fantasy and fiction type books, but my goal is to one day wrote a good and terrifying horr.. more..

Writing