"Ghost Story"

"Ghost Story"

A Poem by Valentine

 

    "Ghost Story"

 
Just a ghost story, from out of your past,
One of love and heartbreak, that did not last.
Yet it returns to haunt you...time after time;
Bringing bad memories...that stir up the mind.
 
A ghost that returns, in the darkness of night;
Turning sweet dreams...into screams of fright.
Or...he calls you...on your... telephone;
A brand new number...yet he won't leave you alone.
 
Try a new love...begin to mend your heart,
Old ghost reappears...begging for one more start.
Then like a fool...you open the door again;
Pain returns...plus all the hurts you have tried to ban.
 
He is just a ghost...his love is not real,
He comes to destroy...for ghosts cannot feel.
Any good he tries to form, inside of your soul;
Shatters and breaks...the old ghost is not whole.
 
To slay the ghost...you must open your heart;
Plant positive seed so new growth has a start.
Convince yourself...that old ghost are not real;
Lock the ghost out...so he has no more chances to steal'
 
Paint the ghost black...remove him from your mind.
True love brings peace and joy for you to find.
Keep looking forward, to go back...only brings pain;
With no ghost to scare you...learn to live once again.

Valentine

© 2009 Valentine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I find this piece great because deep down it shows that you want others to become aware of these tendencies and avoid the old ghosts of their pasts into their lives again. I loved how you rhymed the whole piece together. Found it thoroughly enjoyable to read. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valentine

9 Years Ago

We all have some kind of a ghost that we think of from time to time. We would be better off without.. read more
Roshan Nair

9 Years Ago

True thoughts kathie.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
Just the title brings goosebumps.. a sad story which you've told well.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valentine

9 Years Ago

Many thanks. Kathie
Amazing! Very deep and dark but good! Really enjoyed it! Love how well the words flow and make sense too!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valentine

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this old poem. Valentine
Very nicely penned with great rhyme and flow and a good message that makes us think. I know too well how the ghosts of a past love can overshadow our whole lives, like dark clouds eclipsing the bright sunshine of a new love dawning. Sometimes we are only meant to plant the seeds of love not to toil in vain trying to nurture ones that didn't take root in fertile land or have been trampled time and time again. Roses don't grow in a ghostly briar partch no matter how much TLC we give. When a past ghost starts to drag us down it is time to exorcize it.

Great poem Valentine, my friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very sad, these tales of love's failures who will not accept that they have become irrelevant with the passing of time. I've always believed that the best way to wash your hands of an old relationship is to begin a new one - it works for me! (Fourth and final wife excepted). Banish these ghosts to the past where they belong.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I've done a lot of reading these last seven months and have come to understand that love stories writen down are so hurtful yet they are still love stories. This work flows as a Shakespearian tragedy that keeps poping up in your work. I feel that if you took the time to take each of these separate vinues and put them in one work you could by now have a book. This doesn't mean the the work isn't good or will stop hurting it's just that it's time to get over this hurt (this person) and move on. Life is to shirt to do otherwise. The work you do that isn't related to this subject is brilliant. Poe wrote of lost loves until it killed him. His greatest works dealt with death. He lost his wife to illness and never recovered. What a waste. Now to this work it is balanced with really great speed. This work is the best word usage I've seen in some time. It smells of "For whom the bell tolls". Again "Poe". Not a shabby complement. I wish I were in his legue. Your four line verses could be split inot two line verse and work just as well. Well done. Hopefully steal you friend. Greg.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Kathie as I said before thank you but no thanks But I love you for trying.
Hugs and blessing

Posted 14 Years Ago


you need an exorcism.

Posted 14 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

474 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2009

Author

Valentine
Valentine

MI



About
No one special. Just another person sharing what she writes. more..

Writing
Just Me Just Me

A Poem by Valentine



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


HELP HELP

A Poem by armin


Take care Take care

A Poem by armin


Drifting.... Drifting....

A Poem by MsJewel