Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by ShadowWalker

Prologue      

23 April 1863


The ice cold breeze flushed across my face as I made my way through one of the many dingy alleyways that seem to infest New York City. I continued up the alley, I noticed there where three young men around twenty and a small girl around eighteen with long red hair with beautiful curls. She looked right at me, a look of pure terror emanating from her eyes. One of the men turned and saw me. ''Go about your business. Nothing for you to see here'' he called at me as I walked. My back was now to them as I made my way up the alley I wasn’t nervous, I knew I could handle those three goons if it was required but my taste for unnecessary violence had long since faded. ''GET OFF'' I heard the girl from the alley scream just as I was about to exit onto the main street, instinct kicked in, I turned and sprinting back the way I came. I don’t know what was driving me I just knew I had to save her, I heard a struggle as I rounded on where she was and then I stopped frozen to the spot. Two of the young men were dead one had his neck twisted, his head looking up at me from an entirely unnatural angle while the second man was lying face down, clearly dead as his heart was about three feet from his body. That’s when I saw her straddling the third with her face nuzzling into his neck like a small child seeking comfort from a loved one. she lifted her head ''I knew you would come to my rescue, your eyes said you would''  she said calmly as she  ran her tongue along her bottom lip, seductively removing the crimson droplets of fresh blood then she was on me and the world went black.                                   


As I opened my eyes the light hit and a streak of visceral pain shot through my head. Slowly my eyes adjusted and I could take in my surroundings, I was lying on a king-size bed that was luxuriously crafted from oak, the sheets were pure Egyptian cotton. I got out of bed and found my clothes in the wardrobe. I got dressed and walked over  to the window only to find that it wasn’t a window but a door leading to a balcony. As I stepped out I was amazed the sun was just about to set below the forest in the distance. '' Beautiful view don’t you think?'' I jumped startled from the familiar voice that had just appeared behind me. I turned around and was struck dumb by the sight. Standing there wearing a dazzling white knee length dress was the most awe inspiring beauty I have ever seen. She was delightfully petite with long red curls and pale blue eyes that seemed to reflect light. Her face was round and her lips were shiny and plump. A bolt of lightning shot through my heart as my memories came back. '' Y-you killed them and me, what did you do to me?’’ I stammered  as I struggled to stand

''you have nothing to fear from me''  she spoke softly but directly. I felt my heart slow as I regained my composure, I didn’t know why but I knew I could trust her. ''where am I'' I queried trying to stay calm.

'' My apologies we are just North West of Atlanta at my families plantation. My name is Tayla Devaux''.

''Is that French?'' I asked, she giggled before replying            

''You saw me kill three men in an alley and your immediate interest is if I am French, only an Englishman would be so rude. Please accompany me to the parlour, we shall have tea and get acquainted.''                                                                                                                                                     

 

The parlour was a magnificent room filled with antiques and trinkets my common eyes had never witnessed.  ''Are you going to kill me?'' I asked with no hint of fear in my voice. ''I am but only for a short while'' she spoke softly as she moved toward me lifting an ancient silver dagger from a pile of dusty old manuscripts. ''Fear not Zachary'' she whispered as she sliced her wrist with the antique blade, she lifted her pulsating forearm towards me. I felt no fear yet I was unable to move or utter a word of protest, blood trickled down her arm as she pressed the wound to my lips. ''Drink now and I will give you an eternity of beauty and wonder.'' As I tasted the metallic nectar I felt a moment of the purest ecstasy before the silver dagger was plunged into my chest.                    

                             

  As I woke I found myself in a dark room with a searing pain rushing through my head like a million fire ants marching along decimating all in their path. I stood up and steadied myself and that’s when the memories came flooding back. Tayla had fed me her blood and then killed me, or did she? It was so clear and then it seemed like a terrible nightmare as if I had dreamed the entire encounter and suddenly I realized something was different. I had changed, my senses seemed heightened and I was starving I had never felt so hungry.                 

 I found the door, exited the dark room and found Tayla waiting for me in the parlour. ''So you have risen’’ she said to me in her smooth velveteen voice.

‘’What have you done to me Tayla? You killed me why am I not dead?'' I asked clearly terrified and utterly at ease with this redheaded killer.

''Be calm Zachary all will be explained in time, suffice to say that when you died with my blood in your system you changed. You became more than a mere man, I have given you immortality!'' With this statement my head began to spin. All the emotions I had ever felt seemed to rush through my body all at once. I could hear the pounding of blood through my ears, at this moment the young servant entered with tea, before I realized what was happening I was on her, My teeth sinking deeper into her flesh as her blood trickled down my throat. I felt a power that I had never felt before, All at once the agonizing hunger was gone. Tayla walked over to me, I was still clutching the body of the dead servant, I felt no remorse or sadness as Tayla took her servant from me, she let the lifeless corpse sink to the floor. ''We shall go on throughout eternity side by side, together we will take this world for ourselves. Only one can stop us, For now he believes I am still in the old world hiding from him like a terrified child but together we will defeat him as sure as David defeated Goliath. We will be victorious because from now and for all time we are bonded together by the blood of the immortals.''



© 2012 ShadowWalker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have me captivated. I must read on because I love kick a*s chick vampires. I have a lot of questions but maybe they will get answered in a later chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yummy! I like this very much! I will have to sit down with the nexts parts very soon.

Posted 11 Years Ago


No Bettsy.. i meant Dingy as in lacking light or brightness... i have just spent some time editing so hopefully i have fixed most of it. thanks :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


very enjoyable, what I usually look for in a story is for it to be irresistible to read, and hard to leave unfinished... and your words certainly nailed that

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the story that you are creating here, however I agree with everyone else when they say there is a lot of spelling errors. For example in the first paragraph you have:
'dingy' written- I am assuming you meant 'dindgy' ?
'their' - 'there'
'where' - 'were'
"go about.." - the 'Go' should have a capital letter etc..
But they are just a few examples :) I'm sure you would pick them up with a re-read. Overall very enjoyable :) Thank you for sharing!


Posted 11 Years Ago


Yes, there are some editing errors but the story is great. I am not that good with the smaller details like punctuation's,but they were easily overlooked in the story.
Great start to a story that seems interesting, i enjoyed this read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


you have fantastic talent. Editing is needed but by far a start of a great story. Honeslty this is really good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A lot of errors, but are easy to overlook for the readers, but do be well to edit those punctuations, they are a bit distracting. But other than that, an interesting start.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

467 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 7, 2012
Last Updated on June 9, 2012


Author

ShadowWalker
ShadowWalker

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Writer, Philosopher, All round lost cause The truth is Freewill is an illusion, every choice you think you make is nothing more than another step along a predestined path that only has one destina.. more..

Writing
act 2 act 2

A Chapter by ShadowWalker