December

December

A Story by Valery
"

This is one of those works that just come flowing straight from the heart. Honestly, I don't know what evoked these feelings, but I was done writing this quite quickly. Also, its my first post here!:)

"

December

It was late in December when I walked through a road flooded with winter leaves, and the sun crept up on the trees, as I shivered under the eerie atmosphere that enveloped my being.
The question had been asked by many, yet it lingered in my mind, and I continued walking in the hope that one day, I would find an answer.
Then again, did I really want to know?
A mystery is what keeps up curious. If everything in the world were as simple as it can be understood by man, there would never exist the question of curiosity. That aside, the only thing I wished for at that moment was that the road didn't end. If I were to step on withered leaves and walk between forgotten trees, I would like to do that for a long time because each step sparks a thought in my mind, and the reason to wonder burns even harder.
But nothing could be immortal except your soul. If there’s one thing I’m sure about knowing, its that ‘soul’ isn't a simple word.
In the end, your soul is the only part of you that won’t die. It doesn't matter if things are going to go away, which eventually they will, what matters is what stays etched to your mind, your heart and your soul.
Its not easy to let go of the past, the challenge is to learn what to hold on to in the present or future.
It was a late December evening that day, as I walked, knowing not where I was going or what I wanted, except that paradise is what you picture it to be.

© 2014 Valery


Author's Note

Valery
What do you guys think? Any suggestions to improve this writing will be welcome! And thanks for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh wow, this is was amazing to read. Nicely put.

Kaze~

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Added on April 13, 2014
Last Updated on April 13, 2014
Tags: December Feelings

Author

Valery
Valery

About
"I think a lot, but I don't say much, and so I write" - Adam Young. more..

Writing
Infinity Infinity

A Poem by Valery