The Extraordinary Ocean

The Extraordinary Ocean

A Story by Valery

For a long time, it was just about staring out into the depths of the sky. A violet shade streaked across it, and the stillness and silence of the ocean was more significant by the minute. The only voice she could hear was the sound of her heart knocking at the ribs, questioning ceaselessly, the truth of this life.

Overwhelming happiness, a deep sorrow, a little more of anything could hurt. Would she be sane not to make such errors? she wondered. She had trusted, it was friendship, a little too much, and she was betrayed. She had loved, it was blissful, a little too much, and she was broken.

Placing her hand on the sand and taking a deep breath, she thanked the Ocean. For there was a message. No matter who came or what happened, he would go back to who he was. The waves were momentary leaps of emotions. 

The same stillness and serenity he gained, before preparing to hit the shore again. The transformation from speech to silence was peculiar, and not many could do it as swiftly as the Ocean.

© 2014 Valery


Author's Note

Valery
Would like to hear your comments on this write and also your interpretation of it! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful concept. It's a very creative idea, nicely penned. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Added on August 30, 2014
Last Updated on August 30, 2014
Tags: Life, time, philosophy

Author

Valery
Valery

About
"I think a lot, but I don't say much, and so I write" - Adam Young. more..

Writing
Infinity Infinity

A Poem by Valery