Types of Garage Doors & How to Choose the Perfect Style

Types of Garage Doors & How to Choose the Perfect Style

A Story by Vancouver Garage Door Repair
"

Garage door replacement is our speciality with all the latest models, styles and brands.

"
Garage doors are highly important part of modern homes. They are required by everyone for the safety of vehicles. In market, there are many types of gates available for parking space at homes and offices.

Most of the time, people are confused to choose the best door for their parking areas. Budget, quality, and quantity matter a lot at that time. Here are some suggestions of shutters, overhead doors, gates and doors for buildings to house vehicles with their merits and demerits.

Wooden Door " In past, attractive wooden doors were preferred by homeowners. As these were best for handicraft or art people to make them fascinating. There is no effect of temperature on wooden gates just because of higher R-value. Using these gates means to be safe from the danger of electricity. However, these are high in cost but offer high resistance to air and wind.

The main problem, in wooden gate, is its weight. These are heavy in weight as compared to steel or aluminum doors. On the other hand, there is an effect of moisture on woods. Seasonal woods are suggested to use. In spite of these problems, suppliers do not deliver wooden doors in good quality.

Steel Gates - First of all, steel gates are beneficial for automatic control by sensor system. Your vehicle is safe at midnight and in your absence. Secondly, these gates are easy to wash at anytime. Even you can paint steel to make it alluring. Thirdly, re-sale of steel is also profitable when you decide to replace the old garage door.

The disadvantages of steel gates are of artificiality and frame rusting. You cannot give a natural or attractive look to your garage. Labor, for installing it is reasonable though.

Aluminum Gates - Though, the weight of aluminum is light but it is solid metal to use for gates and doors. For modern designs, aluminum gates are an excellent choice. Aluminum is always waterproof and no rusting problem with it. Different colors of aluminum are available.

Special kind of material is required for the repair of aluminum gates. It is much expensive compared to steel. Moreover, it requires an expert to set it up properly. It is hard to remove the scratches on this metal.

Roller Shutter " This shutter helps differentiates your parking building/area from your living area. It prevents the parking building from the dust a rubber is sealed down to the shutter. It is always famous for space saving. You can use it inside or outside the entrance of a garage.

Electronic roller shutter are difficult to install. And if you are using manual shutters, it needs high powered batteries to open and close.

Our "Vancouver Garage Door Repair" team is committed to give you the right service in terms of installation, repair and maintenance of garage door as per your budget.

© 2016 Vancouver Garage Door Repair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on September 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 22, 2016
Tags: Garage, Door, Repair, Installation

Author

Vancouver Garage Door Repair
Vancouver Garage Door Repair

Vancouver, BC, Canada



About
"Vancouver Garage Door repair" Offering Wide Range of Doors Repair, Replacement and Installation Services for residential & commercial at The Most Competitive Price.Our trained technicians provide eme.. more..

Writing