~*~Cotton Candy Pink Tastes Oh So Sweet~*~

~*~Cotton Candy Pink Tastes Oh So Sweet~*~

A Story by Vatsayayana
"

This is a TRUE story. It's what went through my mind when I discovered I was pregnant with my daughter in 2002.

"

"I'm pregnant."  Those simple words tripped and bled across my heart.  I never thought, never even dreamed it possible.  I shook my head and the voices dislodged, clambering against each other; fighting for a way out.  The insanity of the situation lodged in my throat.  What was I going to do?

 

I stood there in the bathroom wondering how I was going to tell my husband.  The two pink lines of the test winked merrily up at me.  Their cotton candy pink, thick and sweet, how could anyone feel fear from a color like that?  How indeed.

 

The front door opened and I heard the laughter of children on the street.  My husband's footfalls echoed across the hallway.  Heading towards the bedroom, he started his usual routine of removing his coat and tossing his keys.  I heard the muffled curse as he stubbed his toe on the bedroom door, yet again.  Silence danced across the way and I  knew with a sinking heart he had found the pregnancy kit.

 

Trepidation clambered in my veins as I watched the door swing inwards.  Sweat shimmered on my body as I stared into a pair of forest eyes.  His face was carefully constructed of stone lines; nothing coming in and nothing going out.  He reached outwards toward me and I crumbled.  The tears rained down my face and kissed his hands.  His fingertips caressed my cheeks while his rough voice ran through me.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

How could I not be sure I wanted to scream!  How could this creation living inside me, not be there?  I was so terrified he'd turn me away.  His views had always been towards planned parenthood and this was definitely not planned.

 

I nodded my head.  The whisper of cloth reached towards me and I felt his arms encircle me.  The warmth, the security, the things I loved were still there and so was something else.  Acceptance.  He accpeted me, or should I say us?

© 2008 Vatsayayana


Author's Note

Vatsayayana
Not something I usually do. Simplicity. I'm well known for over-the-top ~grin~ descriptions. But upon occasion I prefer simplicity.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I stood there in the bathroom wondering how I was going to tell my husband. The two pink lines of the test winked merrily up at me. Their cotton candy pink, thick and sweet, how could anyone feel fear from a color like that? How indeed.

While you certainly do over-the-top very well, this was done with equal skill and talent. I love this. I think this was just what I needed to read right now Emmy. Your little one is as beautiful as her mother and I loved reading this.

Love,
Stephanie

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, I never read this one before. Good job of stepping outside your box!

Your descriptions are right on target and conjure up such vivid images. "forest eyes" "They're cotton candy pink" -- NICELY DONE!

Transposed letters, love -- He accpeted me, or should I say us? Should be accepted. xoxo


Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW! This was very powerful in its simplicity, yet very detailed! Thank you for sharing your vulnerability. I felt like I was there during that moment!

Posted 14 Years Ago


My second and third pregnancies snuck up on us. Those pink lines came with tears for me. We were in an impossible situation. No money, no insurance. I was afraid for his reaction. He was thrilled. He made me believe that we would be okay. It was.

You stirred my memories this morning with your well-written story. Thank you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's short and simple. It puts you in the perspective of someone who is finding out she is pregnant. Which for me is an important perspective to hear from since being a lesbian I can never be pregnant, not that I really want to be. I think I would be happier adopting a little one that needs a family though. I think it's an insteresting thing to wonder what that would be like. I guess I'd freak out at first other than that, I really don't know.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like how you made the charter feel fear from the start to the part where the husband is in the bathroom with her. Just before the end of the story how she stop feeling fear and felt acceptance and security from him.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like--short, sweet, to the point, while still conveying quite a bit. I like how realistic her reaction was (probably because it came from a very reliable source ;)), so...yeah, kudos. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


When I read this line---->The whisper of cloth reached towards me

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh wow I really enjoyed this for one it let me see a different side of you... a softer human side not that I don't enjoy what I already know but this is personal and you deserve a tip of my hat for putting yourself out there like this. Beautifully written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I stood there in the bathroom wondering how I was going to tell my husband. The two pink lines of the test winked merrily up at me. Their cotton candy pink, thick and sweet, how could anyone feel fear from a color like that? How indeed.

While you certainly do over-the-top very well, this was done with equal skill and talent. I love this. I think this was just what I needed to read right now Emmy. Your little one is as beautiful as her mother and I loved reading this.

Love,
Stephanie

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, you brought me into your world and eventhough I see the beautiful pic of you and your daughter (It is, right?), I was trying to catch my breath as I read your lines of fear and vulnerability. Wonderful read and the real-life ending was wonderful! :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

544 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 10, 2008
Last Updated on March 10, 2008

Author

Vatsayayana
Vatsayayana

Carson City, NV



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..