Coffee

Coffee

A Chapter by E
"

At times, feels like coffee is the only thing that makes the day worth living. We rely on it, we tell ourselves we are sane because we dirnk coffee.

"
Just another day at work. Same old taste of coffee. Maybe I should change brands. But there is something comforting about knowing that I will have that coffee daily. When nothing seems to work, when you do not want to make friends with your colleagues, days can be long. Stuck in the lab, waiting for the minutes to go by. God the time can go by slowly!!! And another sip of coffee. One sip closer to the end of the day. One sip closer to going back home. But going back home to what? My cat? My knitting projects? Yes. I am a boring person. I like simple things like green grass and beautiful trees, laughing kids and cute puppies. But you know what? Those are the things that keep me sane and happy after spending 8 hours a day in a place I don't want to be and add the transportation. 2 hours a day, one hour to one back, stuck with strangers who "mistakingly" grab your a*s and who forgot to shower for three weeks and have no clue what deodorant is. There we go again, the bitterness comes out once more. Which reminds me of the bitterness of this coffee, another sip goes down, closer to the end of the day. God I love this brand. I should never change brands.


© 2012 E


Author's Note

E
A day without coffee is like rain without a rainbow afterwards.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the humor in this! And the thoughts as well that run through the mind, great stuff. God I love coffee

Posted 11 Years Ago


E

11 Years Ago

Hehe, thanks!
Oh, yes! Except with me it's TEA. Never could stomach coffee. But tea has that same effect on me.

I like this. I can SO relate to everything you wrote here.

Posted 11 Years Ago


E

11 Years Ago

Speaking of which, time for coffee!

Thanks for the review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012
Tags: coffee, work, day, comfor, cat, change, routine


Author

E
E

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
When you have the hardest time expressing yourself verbally, When your thoughts are a big mess, When nothing seems to make sense, When you're not sure what you are feeling, Writing is the answer. more..

Writing
Rage 1 Rage 1

A Story by E


I dare you I dare you

A Story by E