Him

Him

A Story by VeronikaRKL
"

This isn't necessarily a story, I don't know what it would be classified as exactly.

"
It's my first time back in a little over a year. Everything seems so familiar, yet so foreign at the same time. The emotions rising up inside me take all the strength I can muster, to push back down into their cage. I have to wait an entire day to see him. To see the boy I know, and the man I don't. My excitement is coated with fear. Venomous thoughts pollute my head, "What if I'm not who he thinks I am?", "What if he doesn't like me?". One simple sentence freezes the thoughts circling around my head, "I love you, Veronika." 
I'm standing near a booth with my best friend. Her boyfriend is trying to win her a turtle from the carnies that come each year. He tosses ring after ring, hoping to land one on the neck of a bottle. I feel my phone vibrate, and upon reading the text a million butterflies are released in my belly, as they would at a wedding. I am by the ferris wheel. My eyes search the crowd hungrily as my body makes its way towards the light. A pull turns my body to a dark spot on the left of the giant wheel. He sees me and waves, a sheepish grin on his face that nearly causes me to faint. 
I love you too. 
 

© 2015 VeronikaRKL


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

All I can say is...

"What did I just read?"

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2015

Author

VeronikaRKL
VeronikaRKL

About
Although I am still young, I believe I have the intellect to sustain interesting conversation. I do have to admit, though, I am not completely devoid of inane ideas and actions. more..

Writing
Stop Stop

A Poem by VeronikaRKL


TSWM TSWM

A Poem by VeronikaRKL