The Author

The Author

A Story by Victoria Mae

I write about evil.


I sit here in the dark and I write about the things the world wants to hide away in nice little boxes, tucked into the corners of your minds, forgotten and ignored. I write about death and destruction, from war and plague to the man who snaps one day after dropping his tall one on the sidewalk, causing it to spurt and sputter it's liquid all over the ground. It took the police years to find him. But he found his victims by the dozens.


I write about the girl who cuts herself in the bathroom, crying that it's the only thing that takes away the pain. What an odd concept. Physical for emotional for mental. What a shame she cut too deep. I write about the boy who killed his cat with a string around it's neck watching it twitch as it's eyes bugged out and it took its final breath. And he was satisfied. I write about the mother who drowns herself in vodka to the point it's created a scent about her that's unmistakable, the only scent her baby knows, the last scent it ever smelled before she accidentally drowned it in the tub too drunk out of her mind to think.


I write about the little girl under the bed, praying to a God that doesn't exist, that her daddy wont find her this one time, and she wont have to face the pain and the shame of doing and knowing things she should never do or know at 6. I write about the drug users in your town who walk past you on the street that later deal drugs to someone you love that lands them 6 feet in the ground on a chilly fall day. I write about pain.


I sit here in the dark and I write about the things the world wants to hide away in nice little boxes, tucked into the corners of your minds, forgotten and ignored. My screen lights up and one by one, key by key I write the horrors of a brand new day. Your day. His day. Her day. And sometimes you read them, you cant help but wonder, if this is indeed Hell.


This is hell. And I am the author. I am the story teller, the keeper of memories and the bringer of reality. And I will always be here to tell your stories.

© 2015 Victoria Mae


Author's Note

Victoria Mae
This was written on Wattpad back in August. I've been without a laptop so now I can put what little writing I've done, here :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on January 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2015

Author

Victoria Mae
Victoria Mae

Cortland, NY



About
I'm Victoria, a mom of 3 living in the currently wintery Cortland, NY. I've been writing since high school and it's a love that's never died. I give honest, hopefully helpful reviews, and enjoy constr.. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Poem by Victoria Mae