Last Breath

Last Breath

A Story by Victoria Mae
"

A flash piece about a rude awakening...

"

She woke from a sound sleep. It was raining outside. She couldn't hear it, but she could hear the wet splashing of tires as cars hurried through the lantern lit street. The buzzing of the fan covered up whatever pitter-patter of rain there may have been, if any at all.


And the room was, damp. Not quite hot enough to be humid or muggy, but just enough moisture in the air that when she rolled to her side, the blanket felt cool, and moist to the touch. Her back brushed against something, and she smiled knowing he was next to her.


She thought for a moment how lucky she was to have met him, the man she couldn't imagine spending life without. Since he came along, everything was just, better. Snuggling against him, she realized his skin was much colder than the room. Pulling the blanket around him, she rolled, and wrapped her arm around his waist. She started to doze in and out of sleep, and it took a few minutes of this before she realized why he was so cold.


And she screamed, wondering how long it had been since his last breath...

© 2015 Victoria Mae


Author's Note

Victoria Mae
Another piece transferred from Wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice writing, it's sound great, both man and woman life will be good...it's emotional.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2015
Tags: life, death

Author

Victoria Mae
Victoria Mae

Cortland, NY



About
I'm Victoria, a mom of 3 living in the currently wintery Cortland, NY. I've been writing since high school and it's a love that's never died. I give honest, hopefully helpful reviews, and enjoy constr.. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Poem by Victoria Mae