Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by GhostWriter

Prologue

As the seasons change so do I. Some last longer than others, some shine brighter than the gloomy ones…some giving more life than the ones that take away. Unlike the seasons though, there is no pre-determined time for these changes in life. You cannot prepare, you cannot embrace. You simply live through it. Or at least the lucky ones do. Do I consider myself lucky? Now that cannot be answered with a simple yes or a no.

Jealousy is such a strong word, and my jealousy to some is absurd. I am jealous of the world God cared to create. Not the one man has come to build from the dirt, but the calm, forever gentle world that once was. As the seasons would come and go. Hurricanes and earthquakes did not destroy, but unveiled new life. I can only ask why could I not be a Season? When will the winds blow the dirt off my surface? One thing is for sure though. I have died….many….many times.



© 2016 GhostWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing, but a bit too long without any actual event to draw us in, and too short to be a stand-alone chapter. The last sentence is really good though, and really makes me want to read more. Though, I still think this would be better weaved into an event it relates to, because it is lovely and I understand if you want to keep it in the story somehow, but without anything happening or any characters to care about yet; it sort of falls flat.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mysterious and interesting opening. I really enjoyed the first line, it's a fun little hook and got me into the story straight away. You did start to ramble a bit though, which can be a hard thing to avoid in a prologue. Basically, it's really dense, but thoughtful.The first line drew me in, but your thoughts were so complex, it became hard to keep reading. I feel that the prologue has one main goal:

1. To engage and compel the reader.

You drop some mysterious points here and allude to your story in a clever and cryptic manner, but it's not an exciting think to walk into straight up. The last sentence is another hook, which drew me back in. I'm not sure exactly how I would change the prologue (and again, these are just my thoughts), but some action would definitely entice the reader to continue. The long, drawling sentences slow the pace and jar the reader's concentration. You want short, punchy sentences and a fast pace at the opening of a book.

Basally, it's well written and your descriptions are great. Nice use of imagery, but you need action and entertainment. Especially, in the opening. Writing is all about keeping the reader's attention. I would avoid long sentences in your prologue. However, the talent is there and you have created an interesting tone. I'll definitely keep reading. Good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


GhostWriter

8 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm glad you could enjoy it! I will definitely keep that in mind when throughout this proces.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2016
Last Updated on April 2, 2016


Author

GhostWriter
GhostWriter

Hawthorne, CA



About
I don't know much about writing. I am not even sure what to expect from this, but here I am. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by GhostWriter


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by GhostWriter


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by GhostWriter