Tempered Individual

Tempered Individual

A Poem by V. P. Trujillo
"

Demeanor, energy.

"

These are overtones, not undertones, nor the in-between; I believe. It is difficult to explain, because in my mind’s eye, it is just that--eye. It is the things I see, the way the weave of sensory data snaps together with my own logic.

 

We can surely take on the roll, seemingly be either of the four. Though where do we naturally lie ourselves down for the night? What does our minds find most comfortable? Where do our hearts natural inclinations lie? And for what does inside--the soul cry?

© 2014 V. P. Trujillo


Author's Note

V. P. Trujillo
Relation of various four temperament theories
Classical--Element--Adler
Melancholic--Earth--Avoiding
Phlegmatic--Water--Getting
Sanguine--Air--Socially useful
Choleric--Fire--Ruling



The City Surf by Jamin Winans on Grooveshark

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

According to ancient greeks a human body is made up of four humors- blood(air),black bile( earth),yellow bile( fire),phlegm( water).. the different concentration of it in one's body resulted in the temperament of an individual.But accoding to me a person is an amalgation of different traits;everone is unique.. So you can't categorise them.. very introspective piece .Thanks for the sage words ;)

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

According to ancient greeks a human body is made up of four humors- blood(air),black bile( earth),yellow bile( fire),phlegm( water).. the different concentration of it in one's body resulted in the temperament of an individual.But accoding to me a person is an amalgation of different traits;everone is unique.. So you can't categorise them.. very introspective piece .Thanks for the sage words ;)

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm not one to read poetry, but as for this poem, you are very good at what you do.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

V. P. Trujillo

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much, I enjoy this so. It becomes me as much as me it.

I was actually r.. read more
Morello Sky

9 Years Ago

Well, tell me what you think of my work if you don't mind.
I love it that you bring these four in Latin spelled "humours" but ancient Greek overtones, or often just "too much of a chemical liquids" to our attention, it's a slight philosophical, or primitive medical way of thinking, but certainly with so much truth yet in it, it was not for nothing, very important for a long time during the medieval times, and later in the early nineteenth centuries, I believe, everyone of us, is not--a certain of the four, but a four of the certain, there is in all of us, like a whole thing, but one of the four, can be in "too much". But overall it's a holistic thought, and thing. That's indeed to compare to the MBTI, but as we speak, there is a separated wisdom, between the medical world, and really the psychological world, that is more specialized in truly digging, and helping, to solve a problem.

If I look introspective at this, I think I would feel home most at the last one, Phlegmatic, yes, mixed with Sanguine, a slight bit of it. This hence to my warm blooded genes. That could balance, the slow motion of being in me. Thank you bro for bringing this up. Fantastic read.

- Sis...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow what a very nice poem. And nice music to go with it as well. Just curious how did you embed the music? I know you can do it in your profile, but didn't know you could with writing as well. Can you embed youtube videos as well? If I would have known sooner, I would have found some scary music for the horror story I just wrote. Anyway, off topic. Great poem and the music flowed nicely with it. It painted a great picture and I enjoyed reading. Congrats on a job well done.

Cheers,

Staceyanna

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
V. P. Trujillo

9 Years Ago

Yes, you do that. However in this part of the embed: www.youtube.com/embed/Ry4BzonlVlw"

.. read more
Stacey

9 Years Ago

oh, ok, thanks. Yes, spreaker does the autoplay as well.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 19, 2014
Last Updated on July 19, 2014
Tags: Typology, Philosophy, Ancient Greek, Psychology, Temperaments, Overtone, Personality, Soul, Heart, Mind, Body

Author

V. P. Trujillo
V. P. Trujillo

San Jose, CA



About
free photo web hosting "We are so captivated by and entangled in our subjective consciousness that we have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions. The Buddhist .. more..

Writing