Intro

Intro

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

Life, is a funny thing. We spend our youth in innocence, dreaming of the day we grow older; and yet once older, we reminisce and wish for youth once again. We can all be children at heart of course, but it's not the same, not really. There are still bills to pay, jobs to be done and more times than not we forget that there is more to life than just working, just making and spending money. The young understand this because they don't have much need for such things as money, their parents house and feed them and so they are free from such burdens. To be young, to be a child is such a limitless thing, with nothing but your own imagination to hold you back. To be young also means to be dependent, naive, inexperienced and on many levels, unfinished.


Independence, knowledge, experience, these are things that come with age. You will find though, as you grow old and wise, that the joys and wonder of life dull; you become jaded, cynical, depressed and all other things sour and melancholy. This is not the case for all adults, nor is the case to be joyful and naive for all children. But no matter which side you fall on at the flip of a coin there is always a grace period, a lapse in time as that coins spins in the air, suspended. It is a moment in time, in life, were you are old enough to be jaded and hold wisdom, yet still young enough to be naive and unfinished. It is hard to say what age this begins and ends, for it different from person to person; but it is a time we all stumble upon, and I think it to be some of the most defining years of life.


It can be one of the most dangerous, yet wondrous times of one's life, and I was on the brink of it. This is where my story starts, at that moment where my proverbial coin has been flipped, and which side I would land on would yet to be determined. I was spinning, suspended in time and a series of drawn out events might lead me to be suspended longer than others. 



© 2014 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice start. I can relate to this stuff .
I think I'm gonna like reading more.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Very polished writing. Well Done.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2014
Last Updated on September 5, 2014


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella