The End

The End

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

I lay on the cool hard ground, staring into the clear blue sky and waited for time to take me. I didnt want to go on any longer. The world was dying around me and i was ready to die with it. Weeks, maybe months had passed since the sky had opened up and spewed monsters, devils, demons and other atrocities lose on the human race. 

So many died, not all at once, but I couldnt remember the last time I saw another person. Only little creatures had skittered through my path here and there, otherwise I sat alone, deserted. i wasnt just alone in company, but in spirit too, any family or friends I had know before the end were long gone. I had nothing but memories to tie to me the life I use to know and all they did was cause me pain. 

I hadnt eaten in days, couldnt even work up the care to try and look for water. Physical and emotional pain  racked my body as I watched the sky turn dark and waited for the inevitable  end to claim me. I had been waiting for days to no avail.

More little demons scuttled past me, seeming alarmed, my gaze absently turned to them and I noticed the looming shadow they were running from. A bigger threat, something dark and foreboding, stalking through the edge of trees to my right. slowly, I sat up, then stood with much effort as I stumbled in its directed. If I could only capture its attention, maybe it would kill me quickly. 

It stopped when it noticed my approach, not moving away from me but not coming closer either. just waited, with a sort of bored curiosity as I came close. I fell to my knees before it, exhausted, and waited for death, but moments passed and nothing happened and I looked up in question. 

For a moment only darkness met my gaze, the shadow just a swimming inky darkness and moved like water suspended in the air. Then something pushed forward through the mass and a face appeared, then a chest, arms and legs until he was standing before me as a man. The demon showing his true face but still he didnt move to hurt me. 

"Please." I croaked the one word with cracked lips in confusion.

Finally he moved, but only to kneel before me, his black eyes boring into mine and I felt hot air press against my skin with his presence. He raised a hand and I closed my eyes, and happily awaited my fate, but he only touched his finger to my chin and raised my face to his.

"You wish for death, but I am not your salvation. Your pain tastes sweeter than any amount of blood ever will." HIs deep voice reverberated through my body and with the last echo he pressed his lips to mine and drank from my soul. Sorrow and sadness leaked from my lips into his and hunger and  thirst were sucked from my body as he fed on my pain. 

I collapsed to the dirt feeling numb, and still I lived. Thunder cracked through the night sky and rain pelted my body as he left me there and I cried. 

Eventually I got up, picking a direction and walking till my legs wouldnt carry me anymore, and it so happened that I collapsed in the path of a small group of survivors. They saved me, nursed me back to heath, took care of me and in the end, gave me the strength to live on. I was able to form friendships and bonds and carry on through the end of the world as best as I could. I was at peace, as much as I could be, until once night. 

I sat before a fire on a cool fall night, watching the last bits of light fade from the horizon when I saw him from the corner of my eye. Standing over me in silence he moved from his cloak of shadows and sat beside me in the grass. I turned to look at him with fear because I no longer wished to die, and I no longer lingered in my pain to feed him. 

"Please." I pleaded with him and trembled as he leaned into me. 

"I would not waste such delicious a feeding as your fear of me."

Again he pressed his lips to mine and drank from me, pulling my fear of death from my throat. I feared he would pull my soul from my lips and leave me to fall into the fire, but he even drank that fear too, till I was left sagging against him in emptiness.

"Do not die so soon, I will come for you again." He left with those words and I came to know them to be true.

One way or another he always found me, and always he took my emotions with him. he drank loneliness from my lips and devastation from my mind, he took exhaustion from my body and longing from my soul and time and time again he left me with the promise that he would return. I always feared the next meeting would be my last but he always opted for another meal.

Until one night when he came to me with no hunger in his eyes, I moved to stand before him in acceptance but he made no motion.

"You have nothing left for my hunger." He spoke to me low but I shook my head and went to him, clinging to the shadows that hung from his shoulders. 

"Please." I whispered as I rose my face to his.

"What do you ask of me, there is no fear in your plea."

I stared up into his dark eyes and with a shaking breath pushed my lips to his. leaning my body, my soul into his with my kiss as I forced my hunger onto him. Because after countless passing and coming to know the feel of his lips on mine I began to crave him. I had no more fear or pain to feed him, so I offered my body, my lips and my tongue. For a moment he stood motionless against my mouth, but when he let my hunger seep into him he finally drank from me me, taking my offer of myself and locking his arms around me as he ate at my mouth. 

I dont know how long we kissed for, or if we ever stopped. My world became that kiss and I fell into his soul for oblivion, he fed me and I fed him and nothing else mattered. 


© 2020 Dewella~Vintella


Author's Note

Dewella~Vintella
Another piece that came to me that has no place.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on March 22, 2020
Last Updated on March 22, 2020


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella