Part 3 - Kaden

Part 3 - Kaden

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella

"What is your name?" The girl asked me as she bandaged my wound, when I didn't respond she continued on, "I am Alayna, but most call me Layna."

I pried open one eye to look at her, only to find her looking back impatiently,  like she expected me to have good manners and answer her question. She finished with the bandage and I sat up with a sigh, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Kaden." Her features seemed to soften with my response, she lowered her gaze watching her hands as she washed them in the pale of water.

"Thank you, for saving me." I only shrugged, trying to ignore the gratitude in her voice.

Her gaze was still focused on her hands and I took that moment to look her over. Her hair was long, tied up high on her head and hanging down to fall over her shoulder and a little ways down her chest. It was light brown, reflecting tones of red in the sunlight, making her light skin seem to glow. She was small, narrow shoulders and waist, yet her body was defined; Lithe yet toned, she was able to look strong and feminine at the same time.

Her lips were full and seemed to have a natural pout to them, a pale color of pink that went well with her complexion. Then there were her eyes, the first thing I had seen when I saved her back at the house. They were a twisted shade of honey brown and amber, dusted with flecks of green; They were soft, yet seemed to pin anyone they spotted in place.

She was no animal, no trace of wolf lingered in her, but she was a leader all the same, a human Lupa. I had seen it in her the moment I saw her there, laying before her death, sacrificing her life for that of the others she traveled with. She had taken care of my men when she was wounded as well, she had been determined to help even when it was not wanted.

My men most likely though me a coward for giving in to her, but I knew from the look in her eyes she would not have let me win. She would have wrestled me to the ground if she had to. I only let her have her way because I did not wish for her to injure herself any further.

"Excuse me. " She spoke silently as she stood and walked away, hiding in the shadows of the trees.

With her leave the old woman came to kneel beside me; I watch Alayna go, curious of her behavior, she had seemed to want to ask me something before she left.

"Old women, what will your leader have of me?"

"I am afraid I do not know what you mean young man."

"Don't play dumb with me, humans may be soft at heart, but no one aids their enemy, no matter how grateful."

She sat in silence for a moment, her gaze wandering over the other woman, looking almost sad. It was a surprise to see so many humans in one place, though we have come across many humans we have never seen so many women banned together. They seemed to work like a pack, protecting each other and looking after the young ones, it was amazing they have survived for so long.

"Wolf, how many women have you taken into your pack?"

"One the child we have with us now. One of my men went on a rampage and murdered her family, she was all that was left and we have been looking after her ever since."

"I see then, you do not understand how us women have survived all this time," She turned to look at me, and I saw knowledge shinning in her eyes, " Wolf, us women have been traveling from pack to pack and serving them in order to gain protection. I suspect Layna wishes for us to travel with you and your pack, yet she is hesitant to ask for help."

These women have been serving wolfs in order to survive, I have heard of this before, but I never understood it. Now she wished for me to take her women in and protect them, and in return her women would tend to the wounded after battles?

Its not really a fair deal, we were wolf demons, and were far stronger than human. The bandages did little to help our wounds, with or without then we would heal just fine, barley left with scars to remember the battle. It was hard to imagine wolfs had been taking women in only to be repaid in bandages; Its even harder to believe they were not murdered in the process.

"Kaden, would you come with me please?" I looked up to see Alayna staring down at me, looking almost angry.

I stood without speaking and followed her away from the others. Her steps were determined yet ridged, as if she was trying not to stomp. There was defiantly something getting at her, and for some reason that something seemed to have something to do with me. I rolled my eyes at her back, I would never understand women. I save her life and that of her people, I gave in and let her tend to my wounds, I had not spoken a rude word to her at all. Yet there she was, trying to hide the edge in her voice as she spoke to me.

"Why did you save my people?"

"Would you have liked it of I let them die?" She opened her mouth then snapped it shut, glaring at me. I stepped away from her and looked over the cliff she had taken me too, the water reflecting the sun below us. "The old woman told me you wish for me to protect you and your woman. If this is true I am curious as why you seem angry that I saved you in the first place."

I turned back to her to find her eyes were still stabbing at me, "I want to know your motives, you either wish to kill us yourself or you plan on doing other things with us."

"What the hell do you mean by that, why would I save you if I plan on killing you anyways?"

"You are men, why else would you wish to have a handful of women in your presence?" She almost shouted at me.

"Who the hell do you think I am?" I shouted back, her accusations catching a nerve.

"Your an animal, that much is obvious." She turned and walked away then, making is clear that she though of me nothing more than a monster.

"Hey! I have feelings you know, a little gratitude would be nice!" I yelled after her, but she didn't stop or answer back. Just kept on walking, her hair bouncing back and forth with her angry steps.


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


Author's Note

Dewella~Vintella
Am I totally sucking at a males point of view or what?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

no your doin just fine with the male point of view

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
1 Review
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on August 1, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella