Death - Part 4

Death - Part 4

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella
"

A Raina Drew story

"
"Hello mysterious savior of mine; I know you are there." Raina felt like an idiot, a man was passing by on his bike and had heard her, staring at her as if she were crazy.

Raina felt crazy, she was talking to an unseen man, there was no true evidence that he was even there; She could feel it though, he was there, no doubt about it. Raina froze as she felt the air move around her, the hair on her body standing as end with the sensation.

He was there alright, standing right behind her, she could feel power rolling off his body and lapping against her skin; She shivered in her coat, not from the cold, but from the energy he was throwing off. She was so stunned that he had come out of hiding that her feet were bolted where she stood, unable to make herself turn around.

Not only was she surprised he had decided to show himself, but she was shocked. She could feel him, like a force to be reckoned with, making the air around her seem thicker. She could smell him even, the unique scent of his cologne and skin, but there was also a scent underneath, barley there but she could smell the hint of it; Causing goose bumps to spring over her flesh.

This man, this stranger was someone she could trust her life with, had always trusted her life with. Raina didn't even know his name, only the sound of his voice on the wind so many years ago; And yet she had trusted him. Felt him watching over her through the years, felt his annoyance when she continued to hunt in the night.

She had felt his surprise when  she had used the fire from her hands that night outside the bar. She knew he had been there, had been ready to save her from harm; But she had saved herself, he was the only one who had known of her abilities, and she had the feeling he did not judge her for it.

Raina thought he was even proud of her for her ability, respected her more because of it. When she had stopped feeling him following her at times, she had mused that it was because he assumed she could take care of herself. Though he still checked in, still followed and watched her as she wondered the streets at night.

Raina knew all of this, without even knowing the man, she had never seem his face, never engaged in conversation with him; But she was sure of the thoughts she had of him. For years he had watched over her, protected her, seen her at her worst and her best. Yes, she had trusted this man with her life.

Ever since he had saved her that night long ago, she had never feared the dark; Never felt alone or scared as she crawled into bed. She wandered the streets without worry, either her Darkness would come, or her fire would save her. That is what she had called him all these years, her Darkness; Because that's was he was to her, a Darkness that watched over her when the sun was down, a haunting Dark voice that had called to her in annoyance that night.

Raina had put more trust into a man she had never know than she had put into anyone else in her life. Now there he was, right behind her, and she wanted to cry. She could feel him, feel him with such intensity it burned her skin, could smell that hint on his skin, a scent that made her neck ruffle with its pungency. It was too familiar to her that should couldn't doubt the word that screamed in her mind at his presence.

Her savior, her Darkness, and he was the one thing she hated most. He was the essence of what had killed her family, he was the dark curse that crept through the night. Darkness, Raina laughed to herself at the irony in her name for him. He was Darkness personified alright; because he was a vampire.


© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story very much interested the different style of connecting the matters..

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very well written, and it makes you feel a connection with the main character, and want to see her succeed in her persuit. I like the mysterious power that she has, and cant wait to see where this is going next.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well okay I just read all the chapters! They are all amazing, I love the character Raina and this 'darkness' vampire protector. Can't wait for chapter 5! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011


Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella