My Evil Minions are Cuter Than Yours: Why the Twins Look Like They Do

My Evil Minions are Cuter Than Yours: Why the Twins Look Like They Do

A Story by Vinterprinsessa
"

A fan-fic about the Japanese twins of "Dreamfall: The Longest Journey" and their master. While playing the game I always wondered why they looked like they do... sooo... here's an idea about it!

"
Morning came as usual, dawn's first rays of sunlight breaking through the clouds like every day.
Somehow, the rays even managed to break through the grey, polluted clouds of WATIcity and bring morning to its bleak, depraved streets and hypertechnological transport-system routes.

But the means by which the sun managed this (a incredible achievement, I might add) is not for your little proletarian mind to ponder. Go buy a Watilla or something instead.

So... as usual, the sun went up above WATIcity, and as usual, mr. Alvin Peats up in his secret garden didn't notice it at all.

He was all to preoccupied with what we all know and so greatly despise as The Static.
Only, it's much worse for Peats than it is for me and you, since we cannot, like him, creep into the very fabric of the Wire and use it as our senses, as an extension of ourselves.
Since Peats doesn't have to much other things to do, he does this a lot.

He's taken quite a liking to it, too. Of course, I guess it's fun seeing into the web that controls basically everything on your planet.
Almost as fun as seeing into people's dreams.
Peats likes to do that, too.
There are the most wonderful things to see in there... naked, writhing, alive... sweating, moaning...

Today, however, Alvin Peats' observations of the progression of The Static got a bit interrupted when he heard the sound of two identical pair of feet, walking their way through the garden.

”Ah, my pets!” he happily exclaimed while flapping (though ”flabbing” would have been a much more appropiate word) his fleshy green arms, making sure not to disrupt any of the cables attached to his body, as he saw the two japanese girls that had just stopped before him.

They were both quite tall, fit, and certainly very pretty, quiet and with a mean look in their dark, slanted eyes.

Other than that though; they looked nothing out of the ordinary.

Blind as he was, at least according to himself, Peats still managed to point his tiny, white pig-like eyes at his servants and let out a sigh.

”I have plans for you.” he began. ”Since you are my most loyal pets and you travel the whole world doing certain... missions that the company and I entrust upon you, I have been thinking... well, maybe we should make you stand out a little bit, eh? Make you special!
You yourselves never say anything, but we could make your apperanes tell the world ”Don't mess with us, we're from WATIcorp!” Eh, eh? What do you think?”

He paused to catch his breath after this. Then, clasping his hands together, he went on.

”I was thinking... colors. Yes, colors. Why don't we find you each a special color of your own, one to symbolize you and nobody else? You know how everyone at this company has their own color; I have green, the scientists have white, Cavanaugh has grey, Gilmore... well, Gilmore is Gilmore... which equals a raging b***h, but anywa-”

” THERE YOU ARE!”

A loud, piercing female voice shot through the undergrowth.
It was soon followed by the blonde, angry-looking woman to whom it belonged.

” Miss Gilmore.” Peats said. ”What brings you here today?”

” The twins! WhAT are they doing here?!” Gilmore snapped. ”They are needed somewhere else! They are MY minions and they really shouldn't run off like this when they know I have work for them to do!”

”Now, now Gilmore; my pets and I were just planning something fun! We are going to give them each their own color! Does it not sound absolutely terrific?”

”Mr. Peats! These two have a job to do, and so have I! It might come as a surprise to you, but we can't all sit on our butts in our own, private gardens all day and do seemingly NOTHING!”

”You'd do better to keep your mouth shut and not act like an insolent little brat in my presence, Gilmore! I am, afterall, your boss, I rule this company and all within it. Everyone who works here must obey me, and that includes you!
Leave! Now!”

”I... fine! Keep them and do this imbecile color s**t of yours fo all I care!”

Furiously, Gilmore stormed off, boiling like the cauldrons of Marcuria, silently (though not as silently as she intended) muttering something about ”F*****g green, fat b*****d shoulda died centuries ago one day he'll see oh yes he will I'll show him...”

The girls quietly watched as their angry-as-usual mistress stomped through the garden and into the elevator. Then they just as quietly turned their gaze back to Alvin Peats who was once again happy as before, and more than so to pretend that one of they few WATIcorp employees who knew of his existence hadn't just thrown another one of her nearly daily fits because everything doesn't go the way she wants it to.

” Well, now when that's not a problem anymore.” Peats said, forgetting about Gilmore entirely and continuing to explain to the twins about the aforementioned ”color s**t” of his.

”If we are going to give you your nice new colors, we better get started. I have cybernetically assembled a list of the things we'll need, which you will, of course, have to go out to my glorious WATIcity and get. The list is being printed in the lobby as we speak. Pick it up on your way out. Now, leave!”

As always and not very surprising, the twins did as they were told.

When they returned, night had fallen and outdoors it was dark.
Or rather, it wasn't dark, since it isn't ever dark in WATIcity.
The sun could go out and the moon and all the little stars could all fall down and die and still, the city would be bright with the lights from billions of lightbulbs, diods and advertisement signs.

On their return, the twins carried with them several brightly colored shoppign bags. This is something you don't usually, to avoid saying never, see in the company of these girls.
When you're a henchman and executioner working for a evil company whose aim is to take over the world, you don't get much free time to spend on shopping and likewise girly stuff.
Yes, it's sad. Truly. And the pay probably sucks too.

These bags which the girls carried opened to reveal jars of hairdye, two identical pairs of shoes, ditto jeans and halterneck tops with dragon prints. Two of each.

Altogether half of these things were a pretty, pink color, and the other were an even prettier purple.

Alvin Peats, delighted at all this new stuff and what he planned to do with it, gingerly picked up one of the little hairdye jars and uttered:
 ”I remember this so well... it was a favourite of mine, back in the days when I still had hair to use it on. Although, I was more into the green shades... good thing I had those Tish and Snooky rebuilt into cyborgs in the 1990's so that we won't ever have to worry about them dying and stop manufacturing their hairdyes!”

To this, the twins silently agreed, and then began what could probably be best described as a ”Process of Complete Revamping of Colors”. Which would come to last all night.

The girls changed out of their old clothes of plain color, and into the colorful and new.

”But I wish” Peats said to the girls. ”That you'd have gotten yourselves some new underwear too. Oh, those skull-print boxers you insist on wearing...”

And so, what was left of the night passed in a colorful bliss filled with hairdye and plastic gloves, with applying, rinsing, and anxiously waiting for the colors to work their chemical magic.

Peats, it turned out, was an excellent hairdresser.

”Something I learned a long time ago.” He would say if you asked him why a bald, green man sitting in a iron bathtub on the top floor of a huge, evil tech corporation's headquarters, a man like himself, would have such skills in an area such as hairstyling.
”I used to be able to take a little time out of my busy schedule, to do some inner growth and soul cultivation. To learn new things. You know, to keep my mind young. You'll need that more than you'd think when you're a couple of centuries old, let me tell you...
And, I did have hair once! I did. Really!
Naturally, that whole ”inner growth”-business was a good long time before I had the kind of problems I have today. Problems like creepy little girls f*****g with my beautiful creations...
The same goes for the hair.”

When the night had passed and the sun once again rose to once again attempt breaking through WATIcity's polluted sky, WATIcorp's deadliest pets were not at all dull and common-looking anymore. Rater, they were a vivid display of colorfulness, with clothes, shoes and hair all in the same color.
One girl was completely and utterly pink, the other beautifully purple.

Although all the bright and happy colors in the world couldn't conceal that their eyes gleamed evilly and when they smiled (as they do quite rarely, but did today) their smiles were smiles of wickedness, but also of pride.

Mind you though, that under these circumstances and regarding who these ladies are, their smiles were probably just right for the occasion.

- ”My pets! You look magnificent” Glorious! Stunning! Why, you look like our latest line of Watillas!
Peats burst out, positively ecstatic at the sight of the outcome of what he regarded was the best idea he'd had this year, or at least this week.
”Pink! Purple! Just like the two colors of Watilla my company makes! Amazing! Astounding!”
And the twins, too, looked quite pleased with themselves.

”And you know what's best of all, dear pets? That Gilmore will be absolutely furious when she sees you! Her most treasured servants, totally decked out in pink and purple! Oh, she will-”


”PEATS! YOU'VE HAD YOUR FUN, NOW-”
Gilmore had returned.
Can you hear some evil overlord theme-tune music play in your head right now? I know Peats can.

Stomping through the garden, Gilmore stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of the twins. And she just stared.
Then she skip-jumped (yes, she did! Gilmore actually skip-jumped!) up to the girls, and hugged them!

” Ohmygosh! Kano! Sela! You look wonderful! You look so different from what you used to, and it's GREAT! Kyaaah, I almost can't believe what pretty minions I've got now! Oh I looove you!” she chirped in a very squeaky voice, all the while hugging the twins and jumping up and down.

Then she came to her senses.

”......oh. Yes. About my reason for coming here.”
You could tell from the look on her face, that unlike some minutes ago, she was now completely serious.

”I've got work for you. Something came up, and I need you to take care of it. Immediately.
You are going to Casablanca.”

© 2010 Vinterprinsessa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on May 10, 2010
Last Updated on September 15, 2010
Tags: Dreamfall the longest journey tw

Author

Vinterprinsessa
Vinterprinsessa

Göteborg, Sweden



About
I joined here to get some feedback that doesn't amount to "Dude, that's some weird s**t". So... feel free to comment on said Weird S**t. Otherwise it's just gonna get weirder, and then who knows... more..

Writing