Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by The StoryTeller
"

Prologue of the book "The Black Fire."

"

Hey. My name’s Jake Marine Smith. Jake for short. Most adults confuse my name with Jack. Ha, ha. It’s hilarious. The date’s October 29, 2290. Remember that whole end of the world thing? Well, the world almost ended, yet miraculously, some of us survived.

Basically, we were almost completely launched back to primitive civilization. We still have some stuff. Not that it all works. But we still have some stuff. Laptops, phones… We even rebuilt the power lines.

My father died a week ago from leukemia. A month ago my mother left me. A couple days ago my grandpa died from cancer. So I guess I’m all alone at 17… Well, I decided I needed a job. So I decided to go to the docks and get a job there.



© 2015 The StoryTeller


Author's Note

The StoryTeller
Tell me what you think. Are you excited for Chapter One? Do you like the Prologue? Any suggestions or grammar problems? Also, be nice, because I wrote this prologue when I was 13 or so. I'm nearly 16 now. I've reviewed it but haven't really found much to edit, and haven't seen much I want to add. The chapters do that for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Can't wait for chapter one! I'm not that great with grammar, unless it's something obvious. So...I don't really have any suggestions or anything. Except, thank you for keeping your prologue short. Long prologues drive me insane. It's like you want to read the book SOO bad, but then the prologue takes like...half an hour to read. Confession: if the prologue is over three pages, I skip it. =( Anyway, nice write and I look forward to reading more!

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Lol, okay, glad you want to read more!
This is really good! I really want to read chapter 1!!! Send me a read request when it's completed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Okay..... like I said, this is serious. Read the description.
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

I know, I did read it :)
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Okay that's good.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

976 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2015
Last Updated on February 17, 2015


Author

The StoryTeller
The StoryTeller

The place of life and happiness., OH



About
I'm changing my name from The Resilient One to The Storyteller and trying to start fresh... believing in myself, believing in others, making this new personality I want to have... I guess I was alread.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..